Kept on ticken

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Took the MDT out today knowing everything is sanded in....... and we have the Red$ Tide AGAIN locally. But after a lot of hours out there i ended the day with 4 junk rings..... the best being a pretty nice SS, 2 junk necklaces, couple of bucks in change and the normal can slaw junk. But ive taken to digging some of the larger iron that just doesnt read as like other iron does. So i ended up snagging this Citizens Eco Drive watch that i know a lot of people passed on with it reading in the iron range........ it was deep, and yes it still ticking strong.

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 896
I think people that pass up huge iron signals pass up a lot. I enjoy them. One good find I got this year is a Samsung smart watch.

Never found the owner of it. Bought a charger off the bay and now I wear it. Works great.

That's a Beauty Dew! Yep I would have walked right past that if only 10 inch's and gave a iron signal. What's is it made of being it gives a iron signal?, I figured SS before but now not sure..Ok I just checked, they are made of Titanium..that will not give a iron signl in disc with the excalibur will it..I know it does not on mine.

Last edited:
that's a nice looking watch Dew, my wife has an eco drive and loves it-no winding,or batteries. Sorry to hear about the red tide though

What is the value Dew? Nice find... only thing I ever found digging a large iron target was a cannon ball :lol:

Last edited:
That's a Beauty Dew! Yep I would have walked right past that if only 10 inch's and gave a iron signal. What's is it made of being it gives a iron signal?, I figured SS before but now not sure..Ok I just checked, they are made of Titanium..that will not give a iron signl in disc with the excalibur will it..I know it does not on mine.

No... it sounds like a gold ring Joe... I know I found one :D

I found one similar following a guy that had a Nox. Before I bought mine. He was passing on many targets. I had my PI. Was about 10" down. He wasn't too happy when I showed him what he passed on. He said it rang up as trash. Google retail was $750. I wore it for 6 months and sold it for $250.

I found one similar following a guy that had a Nox. Before I bought mine. He was passing on many targets. I had my PI. Was about 10" down. He wasn't too happy when I showed him what he passed on. He said it rang up as trash. Google retail was $750. I wore it for 6 months and sold it for $250.

I found a knock off Rolex once years ago... so I took it back to the beach and reburied it for someone else to find :lol:

Joe says SS....but must be a low conductor medical SS. I think it’s around $500. ... refurbished its a couple of hundred. I’ve got it tucked away with the Tag I found. One day when I’m old and senile...I’ll open up the treasure chest and bling up lol

Joe says SS....but must be a low conductor medical SS. I think it’s around $500. ... refurbished its a couple of hundred. I’ve got it tucked away with the Tag I found. One day when I’m old and senile...I’ll open up the treasure chest and bling up lol

When you're old and senile the home health aid will be cashing in your treasure chest of all your goodies :lol:

When you're old and senile the home health aid will be cashing in your treasure chest of all your goodies :lol:

Omg....my stomach hurts ! Aide pilfering through your treasure to supplement her income. Because you were a mizer and didn't unload it when you had the chance. Hahaha ! Happens more than people think....

Cell phones ring up as iron on my Nox. Kinda do a cross sweep to determine the size.

Not many people pay attention to the iron digits..... they can also tell you something about the target. I can normally tell what a bobbie pin is.... hoop earring..... or a heavy rusted piece of iron is by the digits. True most we care little about........ but never know especially if you arent digging a lot of targets.

Not many people pay attention to the iron digits..... they can also tell you something about the target. I can normally tell what a bobbie pin is.... hoop earring..... or a heavy rusted piece of iron is by the digits. True most we care little about........ but never know especially if you arent digging a lot of targets.

Absolutely true. I probably pay more attention to iron when its slow hunting. I run 2 tone. Good targets are obvious to dig. But iron , I have to spend a little more time to see if I want to dig it. Bobbie pins are tough for me. Maybe because I choose to dig them with the PI. Cell phones , watches , steel chains , junk rings , weird finds are what to be found with the Nox for those who pay attention to iron/trash signals on a beach. If it's a solid sounding target , like a -5 , I dig it.

I havent broken down and bought a Nox. I am still struggling along with my antique Excalibur II. I have only ever found two watches that were still running. One of them was a Timex which my wife confiscated. The other was a Hugo Boss Chronograph (stainless steel) which I had seen another guy dismiss as trash and leave it for me to dig out of the wet sand. . I have been wearing that watch for over four years.

Back
Top Bottom