Someone had a very bad day

nwohio

Forum Supporter
And it wasn't me......

I haven't posted any finds this year as haven't found anything besides clad. That all changed this morning.
Last Sunday the wife and I drove by some soccer fields a few towns away that I didn't know existed. Lots of activity so made a mental note of where folks were sitting and added it to the list of places to get around to.
This morning wife informed me the coffee pot wasn't working (great start to the day) and as I was off today, I was instructed to pick up a new one (after comparing prices at a couple of stores). One of the places was pretty close to where I saw the fields, so I loaded up my stuff and figured I would hit the fields before the stores and, most importantly, after hitting MCD's first for much needed caffine.
Got out of the car and saw a cheap little necklace thing on the ground. I then headed out to the fields and went to where I saw the most people sitting and standing. Pulled some clad and then got a target that jumped all over the place. Came up as a bottle cap, then foil, then tab then 7.5 on the 2500 then couldn't find again. Kept swinging over the area, found it again (7.5) and figured what ever it was was either on or just under the surface.
Took the Bulls eye and got about 1/2" into the grass when it squealed like a stuck pig. I pulled the grass away and said "God--please be real--please be real"
I had the camera in the car from daughters graduation on Sat. so I took a re-enacted photo of what I saw when I parted the blades of grass. The ring does have an enscription so I'll be a nice guy and check that towns lost/found (but only once....). I count 27 (what I hope are real) stones as ring is white 14k gold. I also discovered for an old guy with a bum knee, I can still dance a jig. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 05202009 soccer 003.jpg
    05202009 soccer 003.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 521
  • 05202009 soccer 004.jpg
    05202009 soccer 004.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 513
  • 05202009 soccer 005.jpg
    05202009 soccer 005.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 513
  • 05202009 soccer.jpg
    05202009 soccer.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 512
  • 05202009 soccer 006.jpg
    05202009 soccer 006.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 522
  • 05202009 soccer 007.jpg
    05202009 soccer 007.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 512
If you find the owner, you'll be amazed how good you'll feel! And if you don't, you tried, and you have a keeper! Congrats either way! :yes:

emdees

NICE! Out of curiosity, where was it in the field? On the sidelines of the soccer field or in it?

Hook,
Very small field just 2 play areas, nothing like the one I took you to. Never saw or noticed it before so I think it is just a temporary play area as there is road construction where that towns soccer fields are. Went back this afternoon, and pounded pretty hard and got a little more clad (47 cents-pretty much all surface), a bic pen and a dry erase marker.....and a new coffee maker.
Based on height of grass, about 2 days away from becoming ring slaw.
Wife does not know I found this. going to wait and see for a while.

Ketchup Boy,
Found right between the 2 fields--along the side lines. The fields were next to each other with maybe a 12 foot buffer between them.

Ring is a nice find and gold too . Hope you got the coffee pot so your wife wasn't mad . lol Good Job

HH Harold

Back
Top Bottom