Back to Old Property BIG SILVER !!!!

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Here was my hunt at this property yesterday :
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=272378

Got to get back out there for a few hours today. I hadn't been hunting 20 minutes and got this mixed signal , HiGH TONE, Mid Tone, VDI was jumping from 12/43 to 12/40. Showing 8". Dug down and out comes my first Wheat cent for the day , a 1939. Stuck the pinpointer back in and it starts going off again. Dug a little more dirt and about 8" I see a BIG SHINY reeded edge. Pulled out a BEAUTIFUL 1944W Walking Liberty half dollar. WOW !!! I mean WOW!!!! Nothing like seeing big shiny in the hole. There was also a bolt in the plug along with these two coins so after the fact I understood the signal. You couldn't mistake that sweet high tone though. I hunted around for a couple more hours and ended up finding a 12 1/2 cent token, cant read where it was for though. Also found an IHP, (to encrusted to see a date yet) and (5) more wheats. I started heading back to the truck and got a 12/41 signal, 12" deep. Thought why not. Dug a deep hole (every bit of 12") and out comes this strange looking object with 2 glass lenses. I have NO IDEA what it is, other then some kind of gauge. Maybe an old tractor gauge. Measures about 3" in diameter. The lenses measure about 2 1/4" and about 3/16" thick. Hmm, never dug anything like that before. Anyway was a GREAT HUNT. Did I mention a WALKING LIBERTY HALF DOLLAR. YAHOOOOO!

I operated the 3030 in Coins, Combined Tones, +3, Fast On, Ferrous Coin.

Attachments

• 04142019 hunt.jpg
    04142019 hunt.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 04142019 hunt2.jpg
    04142019 hunt2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 04142019 hunt6.jpg
    04142019 hunt6.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 295
:woohoo: dang Jerr off to a good start .. two hunts in a row .. way to go dude ...

Ps: You have to stop hitting them seeded lots :laughing: J/K

More great finds from that site Jerry. Congrats on that big beautiful Walker, the Token , the Indian and all the rest. Hope the token and the Indian clean up nicely for you. Trapper

Fantastic grounds you have there! Now that you have swept the "top layer" of good stuff, slow down and find the stuff that is even DEEPER!:lol:

Some of my best finds have come when I go back and concentrate on all the tones/numbers that I had by passed because they weren't "repeatable".

HH & GL

Whoohoo, nice big fat silver, gotta love it. Congratulations!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom