• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

14K Gold Ring

Your good fortune reminds me of my first gold ring many years ago and what a great feeling it is. Enjoy the feeling until the next one comes along and I am sure it will. Congrats on a great find.

There has to be a story on why someone would make such an ugly ring. When Grandma died Grandpa had some of her jewelry made into rings, I wonder if it's something like that. That wasn't cheap to have made.

Yeah that saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder" sometimes makes sense.:lol:

Holy Honker!!!! That is a huge ring! Congrats on a nice find. So whats the story on this? How did you find it and what were you using?

The signal rang up around 61/62 on the Garrett AT Pro. I searched deeds and nobody had those initials who owned the house. It was just a yard find. I was pretty excited. I thought it was going to be another piece of aluminum siding but figured I would need to just dig everything and it paid off.

There has to be a story on why someone would make such an ugly ring. When Grandma died Grandpa had some of her jewelry made into rings, I wonder if it's something like that. That wasn't cheap to have made.

Yes, that is what I figure. I wonder what those stones originally came off of but will never know. I also wonder how old the previous items they came off of where. I mean, the stones are super old as diamonds but interesting to think of what life they had after being cut.

Yeah that saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder" sometimes makes sense.:lol:

I should see if they can resize on me and try and look like the old mafia types. Hard to tell if this was meant for a man or women depending on the era.

Back
Top Bottom