I even called it

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So I'm pretty new to metal detecting, overall before the winter hit, I'd say I've been at it about a month. Me and my Fiance (Amanda) were out at a local camp spot we decided to try on a whim while driving to another spot we wanted to try. About 5 minutes in , we came across a coin spill that gave up about a dollar, and after that it was pretty much nothing but pull tabs. Being new to anything other than "All Metal" I decided I was going to dig every single low tone. I must have dug up a hundred pull tabs, and was about done when I got a solid low. I told Amanda "well, I either have another pull tab or this one's gold!" I started digging the plug and I saw the little round side of what looked like a ring. My heart went nuts and I dug up a super clean Black Hills Gold ring! I had no idea what it was and Amanda said "that's BHG!" Shortly after the winter hit. Can't wait to get back out there!

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_124133.jpg
    IMG_20190209_124133.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 388
I guess the significance of the find to me was it was the first "Nice find" I was able to tell right off the bat. I was able to tell almost exactly what it was just by the way it sounded. a milestone if you will LOL

Very nice đź‘Ś!

I see your signature and that you are using the IDX Greg...just observing that you already have a very very VERY good machine. I don’t know how long you’ve been at it but the IDX is incredibly capable in about every way. Your plan is to keep it as well? Just to give you an idea,it retailed for 549.00 back in 2000-ish,if it’s the IDXPro. The ClassicIDX was slightly before that I believe and a bit less. One of the best disc circuits to ever be invented...according to ALOT of accomplished detectorists,and myself. Be sure that you get to know EVERY aspect of that machine and what it can do before you decide to sell it. Otherwise,you will have cheated yourself BADLY.

I see your signature and that you are using the IDX Greg...just observing that you already have a very very VERY good machine. I don’t know how long you’ve been at it but the IDX is incredibly capable in about every way. Your plan is to keep it as well? Just to give you an idea,it retailed for 549.00 back in 2000-ish,if it’s the IDXPro. The ClassicIDX was slightly before that I believe and a bit less. One of the best disc circuits to ever be invented...according to ALOT of accomplished detectorists,and myself. Be sure that you get to know EVERY aspect of that machine and what it can do before you decide to sell it. Otherwise,you will have cheated yourself BADLY.

No plans whatsoever to sell as it's not mine to sell. It's just the standard Classic IDX which happens to belong to my elderly father in law. He's in his upper 80's and is mainly homebound. I seriously doubt he'll ever detect again, but I hate borrowing stuff from people because it usually quits working or gets destroyed when in my possession. I may approach him to see if he would consider selling it even though I have no idea what a fair price would be given it's age. I do like it and wouldn't mind having it as a spare.

No plans whatsoever to sell as it's not mine to sell. It's just the standard Classic IDX which happens to belong to my elderly father in law. He's in his upper 80's and is mainly homebound. I seriously doubt he'll ever detect again, but I hate borrowing stuff from people because it usually quits working or gets destroyed when in my possession. I may approach him to see if he would consider selling it even though I have no idea what a fair price would be given it's age. I do like it and wouldn't mind having it as a spare.

Awesome. Between what you’re using and what you’re getting you should do just fine for quite some time. I’ve owned 2 IDXPros(one modified which I still have) and also an Explorer and a CTX. The fact that I still have the IDX must tell you something...and that “something” is that being a 6.59khz machine,there are many places where EMI affects my other machines,where this one is not AS audibly affected or affected at ALL. The mods give it a little Sensitivty boost and allow the operator to adjust the Threshold volume and Ground Balance with externally mounted control knobs,instead of the trimmers inside the chassis. One part of the mod is also involving the SAT speed(self adjusting threshold) so that it doesn’t “tune out” deep targets as readily. If you really want to get into it sometime and it winds up being yours to tinker with,give me a PM shout.

Gorgeous ring, still looking for my first. My only gold was part of an 1890-1920s conklin ink pen. A ring is so much cooler!

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Gorgeous ring, still looking for my first. My only gold was part of an 1890-1920s conklin ink pen. A ring is so much cooler!

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Thanks! And I don't know lol I'm a sucker for history. I'd love to find something gold from that era.

I's say you missed your calling Chris, think maybe you could find work as a seer. Congrats on a very fine looking Gold Ring. Trapper

LOL Thanks! I donno about being a "seer" but wouldnt that be nice?! I bet there would be a lot more gold haha

Back
Top Bottom