Why do dogs bark at detectorists? Possible reason... Revealed!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well, I'm not a scientist so I can't vouch for the accuracy of their studies, I think I remember they watched 70 dogs over a 2 year period :shock:

…..but yes, it did get me to start noticing which way my dog is facing when she poops and it does seem like she faces north :lol: I'll have to keep track to see if she consistently faces north every time, not hard to do since I have to take her outside on a leash when she goes potty.

I'm sure they'll likely be other forum members who will watch which direction their dog faces when they poop after reading this :laughing:

Hey, might be nothing to it, but it's an interesting possibility :lol:

…….now if we can only figure out why sometimes it seems like our dog has to check about 10 different areas before she finds just the right spot to poop :lol:

The thought has never crossed my mind to watch my dogs pop a squat.........that is until now. I will be watching with diligence this evening. Thanks GKL!!!!! :laughing:

The thought has never crossed my mind to watch my dogs pop a squat.........that is until now. I will be watching with diligence this evening. Thanks GKL!!!!! :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: (never thought I'd be thanked for letting people know to watch how their dog poops :lol:)

I can't say for sure how accurate that study was or if not all dogs do that, but so far our dog seems to pretty much keep facing a northern direction after spinning to poop :lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: (never thought I'd be thanked for letting people know to watch how their dog poops :lol:)

I can't say for sure how accurate that study was or if not all dogs do that, but so far our dog seems to pretty much keep facing a northern direction after spinning to poop :lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I'm sort of pumped to get home now. I will be reporting back to you in the morning bright and early!!!! :laughing::laughing::yes:

GKL........North West would have been the most accurate direction. :laughing::laughing:

I don't have a dog. Our neighbors in our condo do. They take great pride in how well behaved their dogs are and how they do not bark. The neighbors do not realize though that all that training goes out the window when they leave and go to work. Happily, by six in the evening everyone has come home from work and the dogs quietly and politely walk around pretending that they were well behaved all day long. But get one barking during the day, and the whole neighborhood goes on a barking binge.

I don't have a dog. Our neighbors in our condo do. They take great pride in how well behaved their dogs are and how they do not bark. The neighbors do not realize though that all that training goes out the window when they leave and go to work. Happily, by six in the evening everyone has come home from work and the dogs quietly and politely walk around pretending that they were well behaved all day long. But get one barking during the day, and the whole neighborhood goes on a barking binge.

Maybe that's the dogs version of "Facebook" …..their version of "social media" to communicate with the other neighborhood dogs :laughing:

The owners need to have a camera installed where they can monitor their dogs when away from home, and if they see them barking talk to them thru the connection telling them to be quiet :lol:

(maybe you could have a brochure for one mailed to their address :lol:)

Is anyone else thinking that we may need another hobby? :laughing::lol::lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Actually it is . I kind of wonder if that's where the term " keeping one's nose out of another's business " originated .

…...could be where that saying came from ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like your signature "Adopt a shelter Dog" :thumbsup:

Our current dog we adopted from an SPCA and our previous dog we had for about 17 years was adopted from a family that didn't have the time to give her enough attention, both dogs very beloved family members !

doggy28.gifDog-PNG-12-180x180.jpgm0223.gifm0281.gifwalking-the-dog-smiley-emoticon.gifd332.gif

Our local beaches allow dogs on the beach on a leash early and late during the tourist season but once the tourist season is over dogs have free range.

I detest looking up from swinging the coil to see a dog coming down the beach at a full run headed directly at me while the owner yells It Wont Bite. Yeah Right I have been bitten more than once by dogs that will not bite.

My T-Rex scoop is armed and ready by the time the dog arrives Just in case.

Had one the other day with the hair on the back of its neck raised up as it drug her owner down the beach headed straight for me.. The owner said she just barks she wont bite. I think the dog realized that I was not bluffing.

Dogs bark just because they can. They don't need a reason. I like dogs but do not like getting bit.

Back
Top Bottom