Why do dogs bark at detectorists? Possible reason... Revealed!

Theres a lot to this Earth Magnetics topic that we as metal hunters cannot ignore! We have to be in sync with the Natural lay lines! When I travel, I book a room with a N facing bed and an E facing window..

When I fly, E to W, I get a seat on the aisle in the back on the S side of the plane...conversely when I fly W to E...See? If you want to find metal, its imperative to keep your body aligned to the magneto effect of the Earth! Otherwise, you are just fighting your own emitted EMI!!! When I drive, I never cross traffic if I can help it! The magnetic effect of on coming autos is contrary and disrupts my personal field aura...

I also knock out street lights just by driving under them!...Not all people can do this! This phenomenon is well documented and govt studied!...its called "SLIDERS"...for Street Light Interferrence Disruptor of Electromagnetic Resonator Systems"...Dont believe me? Google it!

For a guy to have a productive Life, he must recognize and pay attention to the simple Laws of Nature! Like Nicolai Tesla did! :laughing: My dog has no such sense!...No consideration or knowledge of directional anal discharge consequences!....:laughing: I calculate he has dropped nearly 3.65 tons of Chow Hound grain based stool so far! 2lbs a day, 365 days per year X 10 yrs old...so yeah..thats a heap of dog dung I've picked up! Just something else for a Human to think about! :laughing: Lesson is, get a little dog like I did to save yourself some back trouble!

Who woulda thought one little dog could lay down so much poop? I pity you guys with Rottweilers! :laughing:

Hey Mud, something like this ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Muds_dog_business.jpg

Now if you have the patience to train your dog really good.... :lol:
dogcleaningpoop.jpg

There was a dog several doors down from me the other day, never saw him, but every time I got over a high tone and went back and forth and then pin pointed it, he would start barking. My AT max and carrot stick are both Z linked to my head phones, but he could evidently hear it 1/2 block away. I was kind of laughing to myself, as to the rest of the comments here, since I never actually saw him, cant say if he was pointing North, South, or just circling, bahaha!

I hemmed and hawed about posting on this thread... I wonder what dogs think when they see their owners picking up their deposits.. ;)

Here's a link that mentions the north-south magnetic field theory -

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/lifestyle/why-do-dogs-spin-before-poop/

a quote from the above link -

".....and a more recent theory in which researchers determined that dogs seem to prefer to do their business while aligned north-to-south with the earth's magnetic fields. Also, the video explains, dogs avoided an east-to-west orientation."

Also, I tried to do a search to find if there were any articles mentioning if some dogs might be sensitive to metal detectors, either if it makes a sound only they can hear or if they are sensitive to the signal it emits, but it's a difficult search because search results with "metal detector" include a lot of the security metal detectors instead of focusing on hobby metal detectors.

This is probably why I enjoy pooping downstairs instead of up. The toilet is oriented N/S instead of E/W. Ahhh. So satisfying to be lined up magnetically.

Funny enough I've never had dogs bark at me when dirt fishing... BUT have had quite a few looking over my shoulder into the hole I just dug when on my knees... sorta startling when you don't hear them come up on ya like that...
Speaking of startling, you wouldn't believe how cold a dog's nose is at 7:00 a.m. when you're wearing shorts and the dog comes up behind you and puts its nose against the back of your knee.:shock:

I have always just assumed that dogs wig-out around me, because I look like a three legged monstrosity with a weird head (headphones).

A few weeks ago, as a dog-walker passed by and the pooch predictably panicked, she stated something that should have been obvious from the get-go.

"Oh, she probably thinks that's a vacuum cleaner."

Lightbulb!

-Skippy

Dogs are magnetically sensitive. Some dogs don't like the fields. Others are curious. Turn the machine off, and most dogs quiet down. You can never quiet down the dogs that bark at anything and everything.

I use to run into a guy who would walk his pitbull through the park at night. Every time the dog passed me by, he would bark and growl. The moment I turned the machine off, he was a tail wagger, wanting to be pet.

Reminded me I read a study where they were trying to learn why dogs turn around in circles before pooping and they believe it has to do with the earth's magnetic field, so next few times your dog poops take note if they are facing north or south. :lol:

they probably got a gov grant for a few million dollars to make that study. the deep state protects each other.

I ran an ad for a part time data entry job and a guy with a PhD applied for a $15 - $18 job. Hmmm, he should be writing grant proposals and get in line at the hog slop.

Dogs are magnetically sensitive. Some dogs don't like the fields. Others are curious. Turn the machine off, and most dogs quiet down. You can never quiet down the dogs that bark at anything and everything.

I use to run into a guy who would walk his pitbull through the park at night. Every time the dog passed me by, he would bark and growl. The moment I turned the machine off, he was a tail wagger, wanting to be pet.

That's interesting. I'll have to try that out.

They see the detectorist as a guy swinging a stick.

Throw it so I can fetch it or do you plan on hitting me with it.

I was swinging without headphones and a lady had to drag her dog past me. He wanted nothing to do with me, she said the detector sounded like his shock collar.

I have always just assumed that dogs wig-out around me, because I look like a three legged monstrosity with a weird head (headphones).

A few weeks ago, as a dog-walker passed by and the pooch predictably panicked, she stated something that should have been obvious from the get-go.

"Oh, she probably thinks that's a vacuum cleaner."

Lightbulb!

-Skippy

dogs bark at anything strange to them. that traces back to tens of thousands of year ago when they became man's best friend for two reasons. 1) they did not steal food but gladly accepted the scraps thrown to them. 2) they became excellent watch dogs who barked at anything strange or other words not normal and this was very important to the tribe's security.

my dog a 17 month old male english springer spaniel went ballistic barking at a partially deflated happy birthday balloon that was moving around by the wind in the parking lot of the park by the river. we go there every morning and he is fine on his walk. but this was the first time saw a strange round object seemingly moving on its own. I tried walking him over to it and telling him it was ok, but he was not buying that line. so we walked on the other side of the park.

Back
Top Bottom