• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

So,how many kept they're equinox,and who sold theirs?

Because of what you might not be finding with your current detector? You never know what you missed until you try something new.

Yes, that's true. But I know my CTX is finding coins in trashy areas. Yesterday for example, I got a clear high tone mixed in with some iron. I dug down 7in and pulled out a rusty nail, then I dug down another two inches and pulled out an 1889 english penny. The nail was lying right on top of the coin. Don't know if the Equinox would've missed it, but if I'm still finding plenty of good stuff amongst trash, then I'm fine with that. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 167
You will find targets with the Nox that the AT PRO OR GOLD cant see. That's a fact.... I better be careful don't want to get woodbutcher started .lol It doesn't take much testing to see the Nox blisters the AT series line of detectors.

This is why we are killin the silver with the NOX. Not only silver , but the high end clad too , since its no longer masked like it was with another detector

You will find targets with the Nox that the AT PRO OR GOLD cant see. That's a fact.... I better be careful don't want to get woodbutcher started .lol It doesn't take much testing to see the Nox blisters the AT series line of detectors.

Well,I won’t argue that the at pro is the deepest machine cause it’s not.But,and this I know to be true,I’ll dig less junk with a at pro then you will with the equinox.No question on which has the better visual ID,,at pro by a mile.Minelab made a huge mistake by lumping the target VID so narrow,they should have expanded it.Really the only downfall of the equinox for me.

This is why we are killin the silver with the NOX. Not only silver , but the high end clad too , since its no longer masked like it was with another detector

I am curious and confused about this unmasking ability if the ID numbers on the Equinox are so close together. People have been saying they dig more junk with the Nox. So is it unmasking by the tone or what? Junk items close by a coin can effect the ID numbers on a detector with a great ID. The ID scale on the Nox not being great has been commented on constantly. So if you have a ID you can't be sure of in the first place how is it truly unmasking anything? It sounds like to me people who have the Nox just dig more iffy signals. That's my theory. If I'm wrong please explain what you see or hear when it's unmasking something to know it's a good target.

Well,I won’t argue that the at pro is the deepest machine cause it’s not.But,and this I know to be true,I’ll dig less junk with a at pro then you will with the equinox.No question on which has the better visual ID,,at pro by a mile.Minelab made a huge mistake by lumping the target VID so narrow,they should have expanded it.Really the only downfall of the equinox for me.

So rating a detector by how much junk a persons digs???

What about what a detector won't detect period or give you enough data to dig a target-- like an older coin, jewelry, etc.

Woody you have a strange way at looking at things.

What I want to know is, as long as the At Pro has been out, why is there so many targets still left in the ground, mind you not all deep either??

Those boys who do the old site hunts (and video) using At Pros and At Max, yeah they find things. But oh boy how I would like to hit those sites behind them using say Deus, CTX, Etrac and or Equinox, Nokta Impact, Makro Kruzer.
Reckon I would find anything they missed??? Lol

Garrett had a good run with the At series, unfortunately I think the run is over.
Just my opinion.
I have been wrong before- once or twice, maybe 3 times.

So rating a detector by how much junk a persons digs???

What about what a detector won't detect period or give you enough data to dig a target-- like an older coin, jewelry, etc.

What machine would that be?

Woody you have a strange way at looking at things.

What I want to know is, as long as the At Pro has been out, why is there so many targets still left in the ground, mind you not all deep either??

Those boys who do the old site hunts (and video) using At Pros and At Max, yeah they find things. But oh boy how I would like to hit those sites behind them using say Deus, CTX, Etrac and or Equinox, Nokta Impact, Makro Kruzer.
Reckon I would find anything they missed??? Lol

Garrett had a good run with the At series, unfortunately I think the run is over.
Just my opinion.
I have been wrong before- once or twice, maybe 3 times.

No,I don’t judge a detector on how much junk I dig with it,,I judge it by how well it can tell junk from good targets..I mean,in all honesty if I were a relic hunter I’d buy a tesoro and pass on all the tones and settings.I could never figure out why relic hunters don’t all own a vaquero?
But when judging a machine you hafto take into account how well it does in the visual ID department ,and I’m not talking trash on the nox so we’re all clear on that.But,it’s visual ID on high conductors is probably worse than a beginners machine,it’s just not good at all.
And I take into account the separation,which I totally agree the nox is very good at.Tones,it’s a toss up,not great but not bad either.I could live with them,certainly not a reason to dismiss the machine.
Ergonomics,kinda like the deus with 11 inch coil,somewhat nose heavy but again it’s not that big of a deal.At pro with stock coil is worse imo than equinox,but I like the at pro for other things ,and wouldnt dismiss it just for ergonomics.
We’re all different in what we want.Your a dig it all kinda guy,and you’ll find more than me for that reason.But you’ll dig way more trash than me.
I will get a equinox sooner or later and try it again,if it weren’t for a couple of week wait still,,Id have one now.But I’m glad I couldn’t wait and ended up getting what is in my personal opinion the best coin machine made,for me.

Attachments

• 957D2618-D572-45D2-B4B5-E4DDD2C2930E.jpg
    957D2618-D572-45D2-B4B5-E4DDD2C2930E.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 160
No,I don’t judge a detector on how much junk I dig with it,,I judge it by how well it can tell junk from good targets..I mean,in all honesty if I were a relic hunter I’d buy a tesoro and pass on all the tones and settings.I could never figure out why relic hunters don’t all own a vaquero?
But when judging a machine you hafto take into account how well it does in the visual ID department ,and I’m not talking trash on the nox so we’re all clear on that.But,it’s visual ID on high conductors is probably worse than a beginners machine,it’s just not good at all.
And I take into account the separation,which I totally agree the nox is very good at.Tones,it’s a toss up,not great but not bad either.I could live with them,certainly not a reason to dismiss the machine.
Ergonomics,kinda like the deus with 11 inch coil,somewhat nose heavy but again it’s not that big of a deal.At pro with stock coil is worse imo than equinox,but I like the at pro for other things ,and wouldnt dismiss it just for ergonomics.
We’re all different in what we want.Your a dig it all kinda guy,and you’ll find more than me for that reason.But you’ll dig way more trash than me.
I will get a equinox sooner or later and try it again,if it weren’t for a couple of week wait still,,Id have one now.But I’m glad I couldn’t wait and ended up getting what is in my personal opinion the best coin machine made,for me.

You try to use a Tesoro in my neck of the woods, good luck.
Depth struggles.
Multi freq detectors (fbs/Nox) and Deus seem to be the deeper ones. Using discrimination.
Aka detectors do good too if the GB is right- finicky though.

Concentric coil usage may help a person find some stuff in iron, but in higher mineral a no no.

Here's a video- a supposed hot CZ3D.
I'll bet you take this detector to the Midwest it'll pounce on the coins in this video at the depths depicted.
But notice the gent's coins (buried) in video. NO CIGAR.

Ole Calabash soil the CZ3d would be devasting for depth. On high conductive coins.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXm1kSHCOyE&list=UUKE-CYO_3G59P3_mCqT4OKQ&index=129&t=0s

I am curious and confused about this unmasking ability if the ID numbers on the Equinox are so close together. People have been saying they dig more junk with the Nox. So is it unmasking by the tone or what? Junk items close by a coin can effect the ID numbers on a detector with a great ID. The ID scale on the Nox not being great has been commented on constantly. So if you have a ID you can't be sure of in the first place how is it truly unmasking anything? It sounds like to me people who have the Nox just dig more iffy signals. That's my theory. If I'm wrong please explain what you see or hear when it's unmasking something to know it's a good target.

What you get with the equinox is often a target " range " , with a little experience you learn the range , that accompanied by the tone and the tone difference between the good and those around it make a surprisingly accurate ID. You could say that its digging more iffy targets in a way , but you have to realize what would be an iffy target will most detectors is just a sweet spot for a NOX user. A detector has to actually see the difficult target before you can find it and thats where the equinox shines brightest , it alerts you to items most detectors are blind to. Often I get an accurate target ID but even when I dont I get a range where the correct ID is in there. Contrast that with my AT pro which would just say its trash if it alerted at all. The NOX unmasks , it tells you there is likely something good amidst the trash , sometimes it gives an accurate ID , sometimes it just says " wait a minute , there is something good here ".....what the target range its giving says is this is something nobody else has been able to see , you need to check this out. Better insight into whats going on beneath the surface. The thing is , its not as blind as other detectors. It alerts you to what the others dont , and its so quick that it reads multiple targets right on top of each other and gives a separate ID , some see that as unstable but its actually marking multiple targets. Not many detectors will do that. When I started with the nox I would call them iffy targets , now I can see the difference.

Many dig more junk with the equinox , but they insist on digging every repeating high tone. This is the typical newbie mistake. Gotta learn those target ranges and with some experience the trash is hardly ever seen and the deep silver is pretty easily identified.

What you get with the equinox is often a target " range " , with a little experience you learn the range , that accompanied by the tone and the tone difference between the good and those around it make a surprisingly accurate ID. You could say that its digging more iffy targets in a way , but you have to realize what would be an iffy target will most detectors is just a sweet spot for a NOX user. A detector has to actually see the difficult target before you can find it and thats where the equinox shines brightest , it alerts you to items most detectors are blind to. Often I get an accurate target ID but even when I dont I get a range where the correct ID is in there. Contrast that with my AT pro which would just say its trash if it alerted at all. The NOX unmasks , it tells you there is likely something good amidst the trash , sometimes it gives an accurate ID , sometimes it just says " wait a minute , there is something good here ".....what the target range its giving says is this is something nobody else has been able to see , you need to check this out. Better insight into whats going on beneath the surface. The thing is , its not as blind as other detectors. It alerts you to what the others dont , and its so quick that it reads multiple targets right on top of each other and gives a separate ID , some see that as unstable but its actually marking multiple targets. Not many detectors will do that. When I started with the nox I would call them iffy targets , now I can see the difference.

I can relate to what you have said above.
Folks need time with the detector.
Not a few days or a couple weeks.
Some are too quick to judge.

Here's another bonus quirk from the Nox, the tone break works in a different way to most machines.
Eg on a normal machine with the nail-coin test, you run your tone break low so as it just breaks on the nail, then you can clearly hear the coin.
With the nox you can run your tone break up to say 10-11 (even though the nail may read -6) and still hit a nickle reading @12 beside the nail.
And this is with a recovery speed as low as 3, and an iron bias as high as 5!

The iron bias/disc being a separate function is the secret sauce, i'm still playing around with it, and no doubt there's more to lean about it as the iron size and intensity increases.

Many dig more junk with the equinox , but they insist on digging every repeating high tone. This is the typical newbie mistake. Gotta learn those target ranges and with some experience the trash is hardly ever seen and the deep silver is pretty easily identified.

Them English pennys are a big old coin, there not a hard target in iron, there that easy to hit i could find one in my toolbox with the Nox lol

Yes, that's true. But I know my CTX is finding coins in trashy areas. Yesterday for example, I got a clear high tone mixed in with some iron. I dug down 7in and pulled out a rusty nail, then I dug down another two inches and pulled out an 1889 english penny. The nail was lying right on top of the coin. Don't know if the Equinox would've missed it, but if I'm still finding plenty of good stuff amongst trash, then I'm fine with that. :)

Them English pennys are a big old coin, there not a hard target in iron, there that easy to hit i could find one in my toolbox with the Nox lol

Yes they're quite big I know, but the nail on top of it is at least twice its size! Plus the penny was on an angle...so I'd assume that would've had an effect too

It would to a degree, there probably the most common coin i find, and i've found them mixed in with allsorts. Nice find on your side of the pond though:D

Yes they're quite big I know, but the nail on top of it is at least twice its size! Plus the penny was on an angle...so I'd assume that would've had an effect too

It would to a degree, there probably the most common coin i find, and i've found them mixed in with allsorts. Nice find on your side of the pond though:D

Thanks, they were used as the main form of currency in Australia up until 1910, when Australia got it's own currency system. So they're quite common to find at earlier sites. That penny I was talking about was actually 30cm away from another english penny. But looking at their mintage figures, most of them are quite common.

You will find targets with the Nox that the AT PRO OR GOLD cant see. That's a fact....

I was thinking about this early this morning when I was in some heavy Iron and surf and black sand on Lake Michigan trying to work a cut...Yeah, the NOX would have been a better weapon of choice on account of its intrinsic features that the Pro simply does not have...

I'm not bashing the Pro, it finds Gold a plenty, and I was just as cautious when it was introduced until the finds started coming in from the field..then I got one myself..... .

..In certain situations the NOX would probably be a better choice, based upon what I see from the infield reports of respected users...thats all that matters to me, the infield reports from respected Users...:cheers3:...Time and Gold wait for Nobody!

Back
Top Bottom