New Minelab Equinox

Not all silver coins are high conductors, so you may have left stuff behind for the next guy, but even so, a detector has no idea what the metal is it's reporting on.
I have to say though, I've never seen a coin on edge dug at the depth you say, but i seen many fall back in the hole and appear on edge at depth.

I think coin depth is like fish size. The older the story, the bigger it gets! :laughing:

However you can tell with high probability that it might be......could on my Teknetics 8500 from the 1990s. I could clear out a yard of high conductors before the Whites machines ever left the bag. lol. And was digging half dollars on edge 10-12 inches....so these new machines like the Equinox don't impress that much. The new machines have gotten a little better around iron targets that is all.

Equinox impresses me ,I am missing stuff with my ATPro.:no:

Equinox impresses me ,I am missing stuff with my ATPro.:no:

After 30 years the detectors should be at a different level that what they are now is all I'm saying. The Teknetic 8500 machine I had in the 90s would have probably taken the ATPro.

If George Payne the engineer behind the Teknetics had stayed in the industry longer he could have produced some mind blowing machines.

After 30 years the detectors should be at a different level that what they are now is all I'm saying. The Teknetic 8500 machine I had in the 90s would have probably taken the ATPro.

If George Payne the engineer behind the Teknetics had stayed in the industry longer he could have produced some mind blowing machines.

No, we are at the limits of physics now. All the modifications made over the last few decades have really been about mineralization compesation and target/ground separation (aka target ID).

These have given us a little more depth than we could expect 30 years ago, but everything has been steps forward, not leaps. The next leap in detector tech will have to be the invention of a completely new method. Just like TR supplanted the BFO, and the VLF motion-disc replaced the TR. The Multi-freq VLF was the last great advancement.

creating an entirely new technology is a tad daunting of a task. :lol:

I emailed customer service at KellyCo Monday, they did not tell me much. Only that they only received 6 units this first batch. (Six!) They also mentioned that they expect more “soon”. Nothing concrete, nothing in regards to what number I am on the list either. FYI: I ordered the day before you did, on the 20th.

Hope this helps.
They are shipping them as fast as they receive them, but are only receiving small batches at a time, 2nd batch (small) arrives this week, hopefully the batch sizes will increase rapidly as more are manufactured.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No, we are at the limits of physics now. All the modifications made over the last few decades have really been about mineralization compesation and target/ground separation (aka target ID).

These have given us a little more depth than we could expect 30 years ago, but everything has been steps forward, not leaps. The next leap in detector tech will have to be the invention of a completely new method. Just like TR supplanted the BFO, and the VLF motion-disc replaced the TR. The Multi-freq VLF was the last great advancement.

creating an entirely new technology is a tad daunting of a task. :lol:

I have heard ramblings of a completely new technology as you mention and am thinking we are going to see something groundbreaking in the next year or two.

They are shipping them as fast as they receive them, but are only receiving small batches at a time, 2nd batch (small) arrives this week, hopefully the batch sizes will increase rapidly as more are manufactured.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The big problem I am seeing people upset at Kellyco is the fact that they have not communicated anything to those who have been on the pre order list for several months. A short email stating that we have not received stock, or have just received a small order and are waiting for more. Anything to help calm the customers. They are very lacking in customer service. Does not take much effort to keep them in the look and make them feel like they are appreciated customers. Instead they have a bunch of people calling and inquiring about it and using up peoples time when it all could have been avoided with a simple email.
You have a direct line to Kellyco how about you give them a little dose of the truth and see if they care to make an effort.

Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but it was just uploaded a few hours ago. Another one from Bill_S. Some good TID info on common targets in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard ramblings of a completely new technology as you mention and am thinking we are going to see something groundbreaking in the next year or two.

What ramblings have you heard? I have seen some preliminary videos of a Frenchman with a discriminating PI. It wasnt perfected at the time of the video, but what I saw was damn impressive. He has since been hired by one of the FirstTexas brands so that may be something coming down the pipeline.

Thats the only thing I have heard of. A discriminating PI would be the equivelent of the introduction of the discriminating VLF which caused the detecting silver rush in the late 70s / early 80s

Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but it was just uploaded a few hours ago. Another one from Bill_S. Some good TID info on common targets in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like depth meter is pretty accurate. bill doesn't use an airgap

Main control charging tip.
Some have stated charge cable not long enough.

Some may find it helpful, to take top rod with control off of rod and place and charge. Very easy to do, and reinstalllation back on rod easy too.

What ramblings have you heard? I have seen some preliminary videos of a Frenchman with a discriminating PI. It wasnt perfected at the time of the video, but what I saw was damn impressive. He has since been hired by one of the FirstTexas brands so that may be something coming down the pipeline.

Thats the only thing I have heard of. A discriminating PI would be the equivelent of the introduction of the discriminating VLF which caused the detecting silver rush in the late 70s / early 80s

I've heard the same thing....First Texas has some PI patents so they have done some research in this area. Also heard a new Teknectics T3 is in the pipeline so will be waiting on that one.

Maybe why they have heavily discounted all their machines? Ready for the next thing?

Back
Top Bottom