• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Need some help with this lock

hornedfrog90

Found this in area with items from early 1900s. It has US on one side and Waterbury on reverse. It’s brass. Anyone know age or use? Thanks! IMG_6008.jpgIMG_6009.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Army bought them by the truckloads. Sometimes, depending on the order and who got them, one key fit a whole lot of them.

One of my other hobbies is lock picking. I can tell from looking, that one would be impossible for me. One of my goals is to MD a lock, restore it, and be able to pick it open. Probably never going to happen, unless someone loses one from the Dollar General. Cheap locks are easier.

One of my other hobbies is lock picking. I can tell from looking, that one would be impossible for me. One of my goals is to MD a lock, restore it, and be able to pick it open. Probably never going to happen, unless someone loses one from the Dollar General. Cheap locks are easier.

If it was buried wouldn't the lock's tumblers inside be too rusted/frozen to pick? Neat idea tho.

I had one on a storage shed but they cut it off by mistake instead of the one next door. They replaced it with a more expensive lock so I guess I'm not out anything.

Back
Top Bottom