Golf Clubs

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
Well that probably made you wonder what golf has to do with bottles, any how there was a few golf clubs left at the dumpster.

I'm going to saw off the putter and number 7 iron heads off, golf is a sissy game:lol:... they have a nice handle on steel shafts...I was thinking they could double as a walking stick and a privy type bottle probe.

Not very flexible but what the heck did not cost a cent.

Last edited:
Well that probably made you wonder what golf has to do with bottles, any how there was a few golf clubs left at the dumpster.

I'm going to saw off the putter and number 7 iron heads off, golf is a sissy game:lol:... they have a nice handle on steel shafts...I was thinking they could double as a walking stick and a privy type bottle probe.

Not very flexible but what the heck did not cost a cent.
Blasphemous @ sissy game. Lol

"A sissy game", huh? I'll have you know it's not too much different than accuracy target shooting. You're launching a small projectile at a distant target, hopefully with some modicum of accuracy. You're just using different tools to do it.
(I'm better with my rifle than with my driver.):laughing:

Roger

"A sissy game", huh? I'll have you know it's not too much different than accuracy target shooting. You're launching a small projectile at a distant target, hopefully with some modicum of accuracy. You're just using different tools to do it.

Roger
well said

Roger

Well I never thought it out too clearly, wonder if can bag a deer with a few golf balls:lol::lol: i would look odd though with a carry bag of irons in the forrest...but those spiked shoes would help climb a few mountains.

Don't see golf being much different than detecting. Both of them require you to walk around a field and then dig a hole. Just quicker and easier to use a digger than beating the snot out of it with a club. Also have a better chance of finding something in the hole if I use my detector first. :laughing:

Never thought of this until, could you mix golf target shooting and do this in central America, and shoot a hole in Juan? :grin:

'Course, there's the other side of that coin, too.:roll:
I mean, you start the game with that little white ball in your hand, and what do you do? You smack it with an odd-shaped club, then chase it down in a cow pasture. :shock: Then, do you pick it up?.....NO, you smack it again, until you can get it to roll into a gopher hole!:lol: And not only do you do it once, but you do it eighteen times, just for one game.:laughing: All the while being sometimes extremely frustrated at your own, inept attempts at doing it "right":mad:, (not that there is a "right" way.)
Does this seem to be a game that should be pursued by normal-thinking, reasonably intelligent people? I suggest not. I can only imagine what some other culture, or off-earth life form might think about the entire game.:?:

Roger

Sissy Game?

Usually the only people I've met that say that about golf either have never played it or aren't any good at it lol. I am a PGA Golf Professional in my work life. Not gonna say I've seen it all but Ive seen other misguided folks like you :laughing:

Usually the only people I've met that say that about golf either have never played it or aren't any good at it lol. I am a PGA Golf Professional in my work life. Not gonna say I've seen it all but Ive seen other misguided folks like you :laughing:

:laughing:

I find that golf clubs are great at wacking away at the small brush that normally boarders the fairways around my local golf course. As for accuracy, I can hit any water hazard 10 times out of 10.

BCD

The last time heard around ten years ago membership was around 100k to join a private up scale club a few miles away....it is in a high value property district.

Heck as a kid I used to sneak in it and catch pan fry rainbow trout in the little streams that were on the property.

I used to catch the frogs also but as a kid we sometimes killed them. I also made a few dollars finding and selling the golf balls back to the club...not much just a little..

Heck in those days a caddy would work 18 holes for a couple of dollars and 50 cent tip, sometimes a free candy bar at the tiny soup kitchen.

My brother was a well known caddy and often was in the newspaper with a tournament winner...

But it was fun many new friends then. We got a laugh often at how eccentric the golfers were.

One would carry a jar of milk in bag may be had a ulcer, sometimes we saw a golpher throw their club into the nearby trees.. One golfer was a running joke because always tipped the caddy 25 cents and he was a judge.

I like to take people to a driving range who have never hit a golf ball but think it's easy.

They usually whif it and when they try another swing it just gets worse.

Bring a little kid along who knows how to swing and ask the big guy to out drive him.

It's hilarious.

Roger

Funny that you should use that analogy. I have always held that, a golf course is just a waste of a potential shooting range. ;)

Back
Top Bottom