Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 11-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Steve View post
2011.. figured he was a lurker. When I was making the excal shafts a couple years ago I was getting 10 messages a day from similar people. I'm pretty sure the guy did mail something as he had a tracking number. It would be a huge gamble to try and scam on his part. I suspect the trade just went south and he feels he tried/Did his part
If the tracking is from USPS, pm me and I'll see if I can help. Not that I have inside pull or anything, but I do work there and might be able to clarify some tracking details from my bosses.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:58 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Pulltabby View post
I had one parcel with about 100 in coins lost in mail no idea what happened came back unopened after a whole year. Have ordered parts overseas came after 6 months.. who knows ?

If the other party responds you could eventually receive it.
Some of the apartments we deliver to have parcel lockers. You wouldn't believe how many people don't know how to use them to access their package. Many find the key for the parcel locker in their mailbox and have no clue what the key is for. A year ago, I put in an order for the PO maintenance guys to drill out all the locks and install new ones since all the keys were missing and I wanted to start using them (they save time by not having to go to the apt door)...anyways, there were packages dating back from 2009 in there no one ever retreived.

Less than 2 weeks after the new locks had been installed, they were all full again and the residents had lost all the keys again. They're still full and unaccessable.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Elite Member

Several years ago i bought a Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax from a forum member. He had a good rating and had been a member for several years. He said that his other detector was in the pawn shop. Since i have other detectors i told him that he could use it until he got his other one back. At first he was real thankful and said that he was just going to buy me a new one. Before long he quit answering my messages and dropped off of the forum. I still don't have the detector that I paid for and now I can't afford to buy another. It seems that you can't help anyone out anymore.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Elite Member

I would be booking a flight to NJ and going to get your detector... That just aint right Steve, sorry man. I hope you guys can figure something out...IMO, he should be sending you cash or your ATX back...

☆2-Shield~15-V's~18-Buff☆

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Elite Member

I may be wrong but for me in Canada sending a detector international the costs may be way too much. Probably less in US but likely still a fair amount, then tracking is sketchy.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
I would be booking a flight to NJ and going to get your detector... That just aint right Steve, sorry man. I hope you guys can figure something out...IMO, he should be sending you cash or your ATX back...
I have to look at it from his point as well. How does he know I'm not lying? I don't think he is trying to scam... it was just a deal that went sideways... for me.
Hopefully I will have an update in a month or so with a happy ending

Old 11-12-2017, 12:38 PM

This is when a feedback score from this site becomes critical. Maybe not so much in a paypal deal but for a trade absolutely.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:56 PM

Sorry to read about this happening to you.
You have recourse if you fly there and knock on his door.
Good luck!

Old 11-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View post
This is when a feedback score from this site becomes critical. Maybe not so much in a paypal deal but for a trade absolutely.

Even with ie Ebay/pay pal where the buyer has chance of 99 % money back guarantee. A scammer could still return a parcel back with tracking but minus the original purchase.

The old saying is never risk more then we can afford to loose..granted hindsight is 20/20

Last edited by Pulltabby; 11-12-2017 at 06:13 PM.