New Minelab Equinox

This machine is not released, right now the constructive criticism of the initial design is a really good thing. If Minelab is smart they are reading these threads and listening, making adjustments and helping make their machine a better one before it is released..

Look at the at max for example(no matter if you like machine or not) As I understand it they delayed the release of the max to add volume control after the prototypes were tested. This was based on users feedback.

So if you are a smart consumer criticize away. Potentially a value to the maker IMO..

Glad we are all different right...??

I swear some fanboys only want to hear the positive things...

Quest can do 20 hours Deus can do 20 hours... Both lightweight machines..
Minelab?? IMO Wants to sell the extra powerbank.
They have chosen to keep the weight as low as possible to say it's nearly as light as the Deus. But at cost of battery capacity.

The weight difference between 1000mah lipo battery and 2000 mah is approx 90 gram. So yes they would have to say it's 200 gram heavier than a Deus. Doesn't sound as good as 100 gram.

Like I said... Almost definitely going to get one. Just being honest about the fact of 10 hours.

And I know we can't all be satisfied as a customer.

Actually from everything I have seen it can be any battery bank that has a usb connection, not just a "minelab" one that you would have to pay for and only get through them. If you have a "battery pack" for your cell phone it would work. There are so many to choose from and at all sorts of sizes and capacities. There are super cheap ones too. I already have two or three laying around the house.

As for the BT headphones there was an article about the equinox from The Searcher magazine describing the differences between the 600 and 800. It said that both would come with wireless BT headphones. The 800 would also be supplied with the WM 08 module. This article postdates the release at Detectival when the idea was that the 600 would only come with wired headphones. So my hope is that ML changed it up and is supplying both with BT headphones. A picture of the article can be seen on page 11 of the big equinox thread over at the dankowski detector forum.

Actually from everything I have seen it can be any battery bank that has a usb connection, not just a "minelab" one that you would have to pay for and only get through them. If you have a "battery pack" for your cell phone it would work. There are so many to choose from and at all sorts of sizes and capacities. There are super cheap ones too. I already have two or three laying around the house.

True, just be a little choosy on which ones you use. Some of them are internally regulated much better than others and usually you get what you pay for. Although the price on great ones has come down tremendously over the past few years, and definitely a surge from a "less regulated one" is not worth frying the detector.

Yes for everything is a solution. Buy a Minelab powerbank at Minelab prices...

Really don't understand why the didn't put in bigger battery.
Several other in-built battery detectors have a span of 20 hours or more.
Is it that powerhungry?? Or did they mount a 800mah battery.. Too cut some weight.

That 10 or 12 hours is that measured at 40khz 5khz or multi?
And i didn't even count in the display backlight power consumption. (which you don't run all of the day off course)

IMO it's really too little capacity... Time will tell then.

Maybe its an half hour charge for an extra four hours detecting? No issues for me then.

Not the intention to bash the Equinox, because i still want a 800. Just being realistic in my needs of detecting.

wackid -- no need for a Minelab-brand power bank. You can use any portable charger you choose, as I believe the charging cable is USB on one end (and the magnetic charger connection on the other)...

Steve

wackid -- no need for a Minelab-brand power bank. You can use any portable charger you choose, as I believe the charging cable is USB on one end (and the magnetic charger connection on the other)...

Steve
Yes i know that.. But the ML solution would be more convenient off course. Mounted under the armrest.

With a third party powerbank you have to hassle with tie-raps or elastic bands on the stem.

Positive side... It has Quickcharge 3.0!
So with a compatible powerbank it will be at 80% in 40 minutes.
So that's great! I think I can live with that...

Confirmed by Neil Jones.

Yes i know that.. But the ML solution would be more convenient off course. Mounted under the armrest.

With a third party powerbank you have to hassle with tie-raps or elastic bands on the stem.

Positive side... It has Quickcharge 3.0!
So with a compatible powerbank it will be at 80% in 40 minutes.
So that's great! I think I can live with that...

Confirmed by Neil Jones.

Oh, OK, gotcha wackid. Yep, you would have to find a way to "mount" a non-Minelab charger, but shouldn't be too difficult to rig up a mounting solution.

Cheers!

Steve

Even if the EQ could be ready before the end of the year , do we really want them to feel pressured to release it sooner than it should ? If it takes longer , be patient and realize a little extra time refining should be a good thing.

Even if the EQ could be ready before the end of the year , do we really want them to feel pressured to release it sooner than it should ? If it takes longer , be patient and realize a little extra time refining should be a good thing.

I've been cladding hard to raise money up for it. I got the funds for when it is released, but free clad in the meantime never hurts. :D

I'm in no rush, would like to see some videos on finds and depth and in iron.

I've been cladding hard to raise money up for it. I got the funds for when it is released, but free clad in the meantime never hurts. :D

I am starting to save for one too. Though I havent done as much detecting this year as I had hoped to , anything I get will go in the fund. By the time its released I may have to sell a kidney or something :lol: Most years I manage to rack up $200 to $500 in clad but I have really had a blast gardening and house work at a home I bought last year. Detecting and other hobbies have sorta been put on the back burner for a while.

But I think this one is going to be something special and unique , and its finally one I may be able to realistically afford. But I want it to be a complete final version.....not an ongoing experiment. I would like to have christmas be part of my excuse to pitch in some money from family finances to buy one but I will be satisfied if it takes more time to refine the machine and ultimately be happier with it in the long run. I just dont want them to rush anything.

Great posts by all and I for one, am glad to see all the questions posted about it as it does help Minelab make adjustments to the final product, if they are listening and gives me plenty to think about.
I want this new Minelab to be great in the water so I'm going to submerge it on day one and see if it's up to snuff. Well, as long as the waves aren't huge when I do.
After owning two early CTX's, that I was afraid to get into the water with because of a possible leak, I look forward to dunking the Equinox.
One other thing I would like the EQ to do is pay for itself. That's up to me I guess.

Last edited:
Hay Minelab. I know you are out there reading these posts. Please can we get some field test in English. Most all field test seem to be foreign language. Would like to see some field depth digs. Also would like to see the new Pro Find 35 in action.

It would be cool if Minelab made the Equinox with icons or words on the screen for iron,foil,5 cents, pulltab,penny,dime,quarter etc. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom