• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Minelab Equinox

I'm a huge Garrett "fanboy" but I have to say, this ML looks awesome. I would have seriously considered it over the MAX had I known it existed (or was going to exist soon). Maybe ML needs to work on their SEO? My numerous Google searches could have brought up this ML when I was searching for MAX info (but they didn't). Oh well!

I didn't know you were a doctor ?I got a flu shot yesterday and I am not feeling all that great today. They say a flu shot cannot cause you to feel under the weather. Do you think it could have been the 13 inning loss last night to Cleveland or could it be the flu shot ?

LOL I do that all the time. Working in a hospital for 22 years tends to do that. I should say I'm getting too old to be patient.

As far as not feeling well after a flu shot. Statistics from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) claims there has never ever been one documented case of someone getting the flu from a flu shot. That, being said, they don't deny people feeling bad after a flu shot, but they claim this is a reaction to the shot not getting the flu from the shot.

Now I don't see a lot of difference myself. If the shot makes you feel bad then being a result of the flu shot is still the case right?

LOL I do that all the time. Working in a hospital for 22 years tends to do that. I should say I'm getting too old to be patient.

As far as not feeling well after a flu shot. Statistics from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) claims there has never ever been one documented case of someone getting the flu from a flu shot. That, being said, they don't deny people feeling bad after a flu shot, but they claim this is a reaction to the shot not getting the flu from the shot.

Now I don't see a lot of difference myself. If the shot makes you feel bad then being a result of the flu shot is still the case right?

I think he doesn't feel well because the Equinox is not for sale yet....:sick:

Or he's a little timid from all we've seen that the Eq will outperform the Deus, hence the "remember the Deus" thread, which may just become reality soon! :laughing:

Where's that second place trophy? I know we have it around here somewhere...

Or maybe a little timid from those who reads too far into another persons thread. What if I already feel that Deus is second place to another Machine ?Can we safely assume it is automatically third now from the introduction of the Equinox ? Should the doubting Thomas reserve second place from knowledge of running machines prior to claiming its fame ?After all, that is how the XP Deus fell to second place.:holycow::gettinmoney::run1::hat3::violin:
:chef::band::pumpkins:

Or he's a little timid from all we've seen that the Eq will outperform the Deus, hence the "remember the Deus" thread, which may just become reality soon! :laughing:

Where's that second place trophy? I know we have it around here somewhere...

BTW, stayed tuned for XP Deus 4.1 update. It is something Minelab is capable of but refuse to do for it customers. Why is that ?

XP update also includes a new tracking sensitivity feature so the user can adjust how hard the machine tracks the ground. Do you think Minelab is going to update the Equinox ?:?: I didn't think so either.:lol:

I'm a huge Garrett "fanboy" but I have to say, this ML looks awesome. I would have seriously considered it over the MAX had I known it existed (or was going to exist soon). Maybe ML needs to work on their SEO? My numerous Google searches could have brought up this ML when I was searching for MAX info (but they didn't). Oh well!

Glad I didn't want a max.:yes:

I was seriously looking at the max to do some water hunting next spring. Then the equinox was released and the max went to the sideline. After using a multi-frequency machine (rutus) for the last 7 weeks, there's definitely an advantage to switching frequencies. I would buy the rutus if it could go in water. I would also strongly consider the impact, but again it's not waterproof. In a way I'm sort of glad those two aren't waterproof as the equinox can run multiple frequencies at once which just ups the game IMO.

I was seriously looking at the max to do some water hunting next spring. Then the equinox was released and the max went to the sideline. After using a multi-frequency machine (rutus) for the last 7 weeks, there's definitely an advantage to switching frequencies. I would buy the rutus if it could go in water. I would also strongly consider the impact, but again it's not waterproof. In a way I'm sort of glad those two aren't waterproof as the equinox can run multiple frequencies at once which just ups the game IMO.

That's cool. I am happy with the MAX, no doubt, but I also support what others buy and use. I'm not so brand loyal that I cannot expand my horizons a bit. It's kind of like cars to me: Run what you brung!

I've been watching Dr Tones using his ML and it just looks like a nice machine and he's of course getting great hits with it.

All positive talk here and a lot of impatient people.... As i am.

A lot of things too look out for...

They only big con is the battery capacity. 10 hours?? Stated by Minelab so what would it be in real life use?

When i am out.... I reach most of the time 8 hours of sweeping.

All positive talk here and a lot of impatient people.... As i am.

A lot of things too look out for...

They only big con is the battery capacity. 10 hours?? Stated by Minelab so what would it be in real life use?

When i am out.... I reach most of the time 8 hours of sweeping.

Couple things, wackid...

I think Minelab claims either 10 or 12, but I think someone confirmed they were getting about 10...

The other thing is, apparently you can use a portable charger (hook it to the handle of the unit, perhaps) and hunt WHILE the machine is charging...so that really helps. Almost like being able to put a second/backup battery on-board...

Steve

Couple things, wackid...

I think Minelab claims either 10 or 12, but I think someone confirmed they were getting about 10...

The other thing is, apparently you can use a portable charger (hook it to the handle of the unit, perhaps) and hunt WHILE the machine is charging...so that really helps. Almost like being able to put a second/backup battery on-board...

Steve
Yes for everything is a solution. Buy a Minelab powerbank at Minelab prices...

Really don't understand why the didn't put in bigger battery.
Several other in-built battery detectors have a span of 20 hours or more.
Is it that powerhungry?? Or did they mount a 800mah battery.. Too cut some weight.

That 10 or 12 hours is that measured at 40khz 5khz or multi?
And i didn't even count in the display backlight power consumption. (which you don't run all of the day off course)

IMO it's really too little capacity... Time will tell then.

Maybe its an half hour charge for an extra four hours detecting? No issues for me then.

Not the intention to bash the Equinox, because i still want a 800. Just being realistic in my needs of detecting.

Last edited:

Steve

Easy...

On land...

<°)))>{

Yes for everything is a solution. Buy a Minelab powerbank at Minelab prices...

Really don't understand why the didn't put in bigger battery.
Several other in-built battery detectors have a span of 20 hours or more.
Is it that powerhungry?? Or did they mount a 800mah battery.. Too cut some weight.

That 10 or 12 hours is that measured at 40khz 5khz or multi?
And i didn't even count in the display backlight power consumption. (which you don't run all of the day off course)

IMO it's really too little capacity... Time will tell then.

Maybe its an half hour charge for an extra four hours detecting? No issues for me then.

Not the intention to bash the Equinox, because i still want a 800. Just being realistic in my needs of detecting.

and if they put in a 40 hour battery youd !!!!! about the weight! I swear some people only live to find things to gripe about :roll:

and if they put in a 40 hour battery youd !!!!! about the weight! I swear some people only live to find things to gripe about :roll:
Glad we are all different right...??

I swear some fanboys only want to hear the positive things...

Quest can do 20 hours Deus can do 20 hours... Both lightweight machines..
Minelab?? IMO Wants to sell the extra powerbank.
They have chosen to keep the weight as low as possible to say it's nearly as light as the Deus. But at cost of battery capacity.

The weight difference between 1000mah lipo battery and 2000 mah is approx 90 gram. So yes they would have to say it's 200 gram heavier than a Deus. Doesn't sound as good as 100 gram.

Like I said... Almost definitely going to get one. Just being honest about the fact of 10 hours.

And I know we can't all be satisfied as a customer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom