Nokta Impact information

Unfortunately the impact is a detector im going to pass on, i love some of the features they have added and it sure sounds like it can hunt in mild ground.
But, Keith says in his report it's not as deep as the nokta relic in his ground, but close to an F75.
From that i read it's about the same as the Racer, which in my soil ran 3-4bars mineralization and died a death in depth performance.
I've got the new GM5+ which gives me easily 2.5inch more depth on most coins than the R2 did, and a very stable ID, with 8khz and 18khz.
For myself, hunting mainly ancient pastures, a detector has first and foremost to be able to go deep enough to reach the deep targets in my ground, all the 'bells and whistles' are secondary, because if it can't first get to the targets those 'bells and whistles' are going to be as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!
Anyways, good luck with the machine, it certainly looks the part and should do well for anyone who found the R2 a winner in their ground.

Everyone's opinion here is valued.
I have run F75 both the older units and the newer.
There are a lot of places I hunt,,,where the Impact will outperform any of the F75 series detectors. So yes choosing a detector,,a person has to weigh factors involved with their style hunting,,their sites.
I think
I can say,,Nokta service in the USA has been very good. I don't know anything about the service provided by manufacturer of GM-5 detectors in the USA.

I will be posting a few pics later,,showing some junk targets,,and some good targets,,,and talk about the ID provided on them.

I think folks then can see some of the added value when using this detector.

Recognize these???
The following applies with vdi normalization NOT selected.

Using Impact using 5khz,,Using DI99 and 2 tone (just the 2 modes I used here,,some others will do the same also,,small coil,,,,all these targets read between 25 and 41 vdi. A zinc penny btw hits at 44.

Now,,pre 82 copper penny hits at 64 ID wise,,and clad dimes, quarters, silver coins all read higher depending on coin.
Notice the smashed can,,whole.
Even it reads low.
Even smashed twist caps read low.

Upper left white lid is a yahoo chocolate drink lid.

Crown caps,,,these when using 5khz,,,tone provided very splotchy,,detector seems not to like these,,,and with some iron vol dialed in,,you will definitely hear it come through when sweeping caps.

Overload tone and how it works.
Very nice tone provided here,,detector is not overly sensitive here either.
The can in pic,,with small coil Impact does provide overload at approx 4" coil height. Remember though this smashed can is a BIG target.
Amended here::: I don't want to mislead anyone here,,,all aluminum cans not created equal,,,some are thicker than others,etc,,,,the smashed can above an older one,,,,I think it is thinner made,,maybe vs some cans made today. So not all cans may be sniffed out using 5khz,,with a lower ID. But can slaw,,so far it looks to be weeded out pretty much ID wise using 5khz.

With some smart tone break settings,,and or notch filter applied,,,,a user likely not digging many of these I call nuisance targets.

Last edited:
For sure they all have their teething problems, i've just had my GM5+ replaced today as there was a software glitch in the first handfull made, arrived 2 days after i let the supplier from Bulgaria know i'd an issue.
I think most of the manufacturers over this direction have pulled up their socks as regards customer service.
Anyways, i enjoy your feedback on many detectors, keep at it TNSS!

Everyone's opinion here is valued.
I have run F75 both the older units and the newer.
There are a lot of places I hunt,,,where the Impact will outperform any of the F75 series detectors. So yes choosing a detector,,a person has to weigh factors involved with their style hunting,,their sites.
I think
I can say,,Nokta service in the USA has been very good. I don't know anything about the service provided by manufacturer of GM-5 detectors in the USA.

Here's a nuisance target,,,purex lid,,,I'll bet a lot of folks have dug these.

Using 5khz,,reads 64,,, so this nuisance target would likely be dug if detectorists is looking for copper pennies.
These lids,,I find these to be of the highest quality metal wise,,,and I'll bet this is related to chemical properties of bleach.

Now that folks have an idea of how this detector can ID nuisance targets vs coins of better quality metals. Btw this ID talked about here,,stock coil does this also.

Is this performance seen on all nuisance targets,,even at deeper depths???
No

Your Impact performance here will depend on the nuisance targets depth,,size,and ground minerals.

Higher mineral ground,,will cause these nuisance targets to start reading high,,thus getting comingled in with the good quality targets.
But even in my ground,,not mild mind you,,,I find this performance here very helpful.
I can't give any true depths here for milder ground,,,I can't find any near me to try.
I thought I had found some,,last week,,,it was actually higher mineral than where I live.

Hunting old home sites,,,sports areas,,concession stand areas,,bleachers,,any where where these nsuance targets like to live,,,,a user will definitely have some tools here at their disposal using this detector.

To give some insight hear,,,in my ground,,,using stock coil a 7" deep twist cap,,tries to come in higher ( or at the very least ID will be slightly higher) moving closer to good coin signal ID wise. I get 2 bars on the mineral meter on impact here,,,,and so folks don't get confused,,,,you will hear folks talk "bar readings" or " pie graph" readings using detectors when relating to ground minerals levels.
This level talked about here is detector model specific,,,,so 4 bars say on Fisher F75 detector does NOT equate to for example 4 bars on Impact detector.
Milder ground I would think another inch or more very realistic to maintain this lower ID on these nuisance targets.

A can,,obviously I can get deeper and identify ID wise due to its size. Also remember you do have pinpoint to weed out some bigger junk targets size wise.
Maybe we will see some reports from some,,here,or elsewhere who have milder ground,,,to see what results they are getting.

Last edited:
This detector on solo positioned targets,,in my soil,,,with detector settings all being equal,,,except for transitioning between frequencies,,,I can tell many times by strength of tone,,if a target is higher conductive vs lower conductive,,,with 5 kHz usually being the one that provides the stronger.

Deep mode
Coil height above ground advantage is witnessed vs other modes.

For sure they all have their teething problems, i've just had my GM5+ replaced today as there was a software glitch in the first handfull made, arrived 2 days after i let the supplier from Bulgaria know i'd an issue.
I think most of the manufacturers over this direction have pulled up their socks as regards customer service.
Anyways, i enjoy your feedback on many detectors, keep at it TNSS!

I enjoy your posts as well.
I look at detecting maybe from a this aspect. I consider any target buried an enemy of sorts,,,and things like iron and nails, ,nuisance targets even bigger enemies. So all of us are out to defeat these enemies using whatever legal means we can get,,affordable wise.

Cheers

You have every detector known to man but no camera? Lol

Getting a camera,,is not hard. Having proper computer,,and internet speed connection,,,that could be a problem here for me. Not to mention the time spent videoing and editing. I don't know much about video edit programs either.

So there.
I just try and put into words what I see and hear. Can be difficult,,but it can be done. And yes some folks definitely like the action videos showing detectors.
And yes I've seen some good ones,,and I've seen some rigged ones too.

I think given time,,,a lot of folks who purchase detector,,,they can relate well with this info I am supplying.

I forgot to ask. Did you have a pic of the wireless headset?

Here is a pic of wireless headphones.

They fit me nicely,,good feel with ear cups,,definitely will limit ambient noise distractions.

When on,,a little blue light on side will flash.
I don't know a whole lot about these,,other than using pinpoint button and a another button to pair headset to detector.

Notice the plug in pic,,on headset.
I don't know what it is for exactly.
Sounds strange,,,I'm sure in due time we'll all know.
When I don't know something,,,I just admit it,,rather than bs someone.
When the operator's manual comes out,,this will answer a lot of questions for folks,,even a few for me.lol

Thanks for taking the time to do all this!
Fantastic amount of information!

You are welcome.

Let me say this.
Folks,,,listen closely here.
Testing a detector is work mind you,,it can be fun,,but a tester must make time to get the detector out a hunting,,,and doing other test. I was fortunate here,,as the weather in my area has been warm for time of year,,,other testerw of this detector not so fortunate.
I guarantee folks,,,the manufacturer when I talked to them,,,took heed in my concerns and recommendations.
And other folks who tested as well.

A tester has to be careful too,,,I try and think of more different detecting venues folks would be subjecting themselves to,,,and tried to go to sites that would closely mimmick these here.

Soil mineral levels,,,some testers here have more different places with varying amount,,I unfortunately don't,,,and this level(s) I will comment on when Instart talking more about depth,,target ID,,and target unmasking.

I should also say,,,being a detecting tester will indeed cut into your actual hunting too,,,you don't always get to use the detector you maybe are more comfortable with or know the most about.

Would I do this,,being a tester again???
I likely would,,,but definitely wouldn't necessarily want to always test detector models from the same manufacturer,,,as in my eyes,,,this not the best course of action for a manufacturer,,,,there are other folks who are worthy of doing,,and deserving to be given the chance to do. Besides their expertise and opinion is very important too.

Back
Top Bottom