Best weekend of detecting EVER! 1861 Double Eagle and lots of BIG silver!

I hear ya, I just know that ever since my semi epic hunt, it's just not as fun coming back without a silver...lol If I had a string of hunts like yours I'd imagine after 4-5 clad hunts I'd go take up fishing...lol

I hear ya, I just know that ever since my semi epic hunt, it's just not as fun coming back without a silver...lol If I had a string of hunts like yours I'd imagine after 4-5 clad hunts I'd go take up fishing...lol

We gotta keep going though.. Who knows, we might come across another one of these sites that produce epic finds. :) Besides, best case scenario in fishing, you end up with a dead fish. Best case scenario in metal detecting, you end up with a bunch of silver and gold! I'll stick with detecting! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We gotta keep going though.. Who knows, we might come across another one of these sites that produce epic finds. :) Besides, best case scenario in fishing, you end up with a dead fish. Best case scenario in metal detecting, you end up with a bunch of silver and gold! I'll stick with detecting! lol

I agree... my thoughts and saying is this

"You're either a treasure hunter or you're not."

The guys with years under their belts, they're true treasure hunters.

This post gives me hope that one day I could find a spot like that of my own :)

OUTSTANDING ! The detector gods must have put a special shine on you that day. I think you have your field of dreams. Wish you many more finds. Good luck Mark

WOW. What a spot and what a hunt. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for sharing. DREAM HUNT for me. WTG. Did I mention WOW !!!!

Wow hands down the new number 1 find I have seen on here! Huge congrats on a unbelievable hunt and a simply amazing coin! A beauty for sure!

I haven't been on here in awhile. Glad I saw this. Simply awesome. Grats!!! The fact that this post is four years old and still going strong, shows how great that is (I smell some much warranted envy... I know i stink of it after seeing those pics)

WOW! Absolutely AWESOME! Huge congratulations.

Wow hands down the new number 1 find I have seen on here! Huge congrats on a unbelievable hunt and a simply amazing coin! A beauty for sure!

I haven't been on here in awhile. Glad I saw this. Simply awesome. Grats!!! The fact that this post is four years old and still going strong, shows how great that is (I smell some much warranted envy... I know i stink of it after seeing those pics)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments! :cheers: Yeah for anyone who is just now reading, this thread is from 2012 and there's an update posted on page 14 with some pictures showing the total haul from this place if you want to have a look. Hunting this spot has been a real adventure!

Thanks again to everyone for all the comments and congrats. :cheers:

I'll come up and gladly help lol!!!!!

I took both of my Brother-In-Laws there a couple of years ago and both walked away with big silver. One got an early WL Half and the other got 2 Barber Halves. Heck, after I've turned the soil and detected a couple more times I may just ask the GM if its ok to bring a couple of friends to see what turns up.

I think I'm going to do some sifting there this year too.

Whoa!! Glad this shot to the top....I wasn't a member at the time....OMG are you kiddding me!!! What a legendary hunt....my hands were shaking reading it!!!

I aint never seen this Post before! Thanks for the Bump! Amazing finds and perfect write up about it with great pictures! Well done on all counts!
Mud

Back
Top Bottom