Wanna see why I pay no attention when told its useless??

SavingThePast

Forum Supporter
no lie, that is exactly what I was told this morning at a property. I have been wanting to detect this place for a few years but its vacant and I never caught the owner there to ask. This morning I was heading out when I looked over and saw a vehicle there. I pulled in and got to talking to the owner and he told me I could have at it but its probably useless because his brother in law had hit it many times. He told me his bro in law told him he had cleaned out the front and the back was just a mess of trash.
Long story short I told him thanks and proceeded on my way.. Ended the day with a bunch of trash, a bunch of clad, a cool looking old pocket knife, a couple old padlocks, an 1845 large cent, 1848 large cent(knicked it up though trying to get it out from under a mess of roots), a 1901 indian, 1947 quarter, and a couple wheaties... I will take that any day of the week!! The Racer 2 got most of the clad, indian, wheaties, padlocks and trash:laughing:(In all seriousness though it had the bad area)all in the backyard with the 5" coil. The ctx was used in the from yard and got me the 2 largies, quarter, few of the clad, knife and a little bit of the trash. I love the combination of the 2 machines and they fit all the bases for my hunting needs.
I am pretty happy with the day and it was nice getting out to hunt. Haven't got to do much hunting in the last year unfortunately.

Attachments

• ctrash.jpg
    ctrash.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 840
  • coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 857
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 834
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 929
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 832
wow thats some crazy stuff bro, congrats!!!

thanks bro.. That house i got in today was built in the 1850s. I finally went and asked the lady across the field from me for permission to hunt another house I have wanted to for awhile. It was built in 1826 and looks like it was a wealthier family house. All brick and no later additions. Found out she leases it and she is willing to let me hunt it but she wants to check with the actual owner first. I have high hopes for it...

Last edited:
That's a great hunt !

What some people don't realize is that even though a site has been hunted before whether anything was found or not , if you take a different detector through there you can find things the other detector missed.

That knife is intriguing. I think it's special, you should look it up. I'm no expert but I think it's civil war issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant find anything on it but the u.s.g. keeps bringing up Ulysses S Grant. on the side where it says american knife it looks like it has a ruler on one side? need somebody who is more of an expert but I really thought it was neat and has a bunch of detail..

That knife is intriguing. I think it's special, you should look it up. I'm no expert but I think it's civil war issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant find anything on it but the u.s.g. keeps bringing up Ulysses S Grant. on the side where it says american knife it looks like it has a ruler on one side? need somebody who is more of an expert but I really thought it was neat and has a bunch of detail..

I think U.S.G. is US Government. I cant find it on google but I think there is a decent chance that is an antique government issue military knife. I don't know what time frame , old though.

I think U.S.G. is US Government. I cant find it on google but I think there is a decent chance that is an antique government issue military knife. I don't know what time frame , old though.

that would make sense also chris.... hopefully someone familiar can help...

that would make sense also chris.... hopefully someone familiar can help...

I found a thread on another forum with a very similar knife found. Says its a civil war find. I don't know if I can post a link to a different forum on here but I will send you the link.

Back
Top Bottom