• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Explorer Secret Hidden Screen

scorpio264

I just found this info while doing some research. I did some Google searches and searched this forum but I never found anyone saying they have it figured out. I did find a guy who emailed Minelab only to be told the screen does not exist. Yet their E-Trac manual says it exists and shows a picture of it. Has anyone got any updates since this info came out? I would love to see it in action even if it is a waste of time.

Attachments

• minelab hidden screen.jpg
    minelab hidden screen.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,371
I think its

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B,A, start

MK blood code if I remember correctly. Please tell me it's something different cause I catch H%$^ for forgetting my anniversary and if something like that is stuck in the backgound of my mind somewhere I'm in big trouble.

very close...or depending on the system, the secret life code for Contra was....

up, up,
down, down,
left, right
left, right
a, b
a, b,
select
start

Minelab's official response...

Thank you for your email.
There is a pattern that is embedded in the detector that is for technical diagnostic work by Minelab technicians only and is not accessible nor has any information that will benefit the user.
I am sorry that you were misinformed in this matter.

Regards,

Kevin Hoagland
Director of Dealer Development
Minelab North America

MK blood code if I remember correctly. Please tell me it's something different cause I catch H%$^ for forgetting my anniversary and if something like that is stuck in the backgound of my mind somewhere I'm in big trouble.

How about this one? Still going from memory..

007 373 5963

Thanks for Hijacking my thread. If you don't have an answer to the question I asked but would like to discuss your own topics then please start your own thread.

Minelab's official response...

Thank you for your email.
There is a pattern that is embedded in the detector that is for technical diagnostic work by Minelab technicians only and is not accessible nor has any information that will benefit the user.
I am sorry that you were misinformed in this matter.

Regards,

Kevin Hoagland
Director of Dealer Development
Minelab North America

As for me, Thanks for answering that DnD. There is a video on Youtube called "etrac hack" I think that shows going into this screen.

Thanks for Hijacking my thread. If you don't have an answer to the question I asked but would like to discuss your own topics then please start your own thread.

Dang dude, chill just a bit... You got the answer you were looking for from DnD, the rest was just entertainment.

As for me, Thanks for answering that DnD. There is a video on Youtube called "etrac hack" I think that shows going into this screen.

Dang dude, chill just a bit... You got the answer you were looking for from DnD, the rest was just entertainment.

The email DnD posted is the same one I mentioned in my original post. Your link was more what I am looking for.

I really do hope someone will know the answer to this.

The email DnD posted is the same one I mentioned in my original post. Your link was more what I am looking for.

I really do hope someone will know the answer to this.

Thanks Rob....

OP - If your not going to believe Kevin Hoagland, the PR guy for minelab, then what do you really want? Kevin goes on to give info on the Etrac, but clearly states the facts about the Explorer. If you keep researching, you'll find this topic has been circulating since 2001, an amazing 13 years without any proof.

How about this, I'll up the ante' and give a free V4 pinpointer to the user that finds a way to uncover, hack, or otherwise prove Minelab wrong and show this screen exists. To win, candidate must show the sequence to unlock such a screen on the Explorer XS model, this sequence must be verified on my personal Explorer XS, and winner is responsible for shipping/handling fees unless he/she picks it up in person. Offer expires April 28, 2014.

OP - With a contest established, you will get more exposure from a thread that gets traffic and is constantly being bumped to the top (even with jokes) than a thread that is strictly business. Either way, your the OP, but I'll leave my lil' incentive going until the date mentioned or you/someone else can find the screen. We all win.

-David

Last edited:
Thanks Rob....

OP - If your not going to believe Kevin Hoagland, the PR guy for minelab, then what do you really want? Kevin goes on to give info on the Etrac, but clearly states the facts about the Explorer. If you keep researching, you'll find this topic has been circulating since 2001, an amazing 13 years without any proof.

-David

I fear you are correct DnD but the reward you are volunteering is AWESOME!! Thanks for putting some skin in the game. As a fellow Explorer XS user I'm sure you are curious about it as well. That's why I'm not sure why you are saying I don't believe Hoagland.
In the image I originally posted they say, "This screen still exists in the Explorer, although it is hidden behind a special key sequence".
In the email you posted Hoagland says:
"There is a pattern that is embedded in the detector that is for technical diagnostic work..."
I believe him. It's embedded.
I can't be the only one who hears him. He never denies it exists. He just denies that it is worth using.
I see it like this.
I have desk in my office that I have owned for 14 years. I use it all the time. I sit behind it for hours. I open and close all the drawers while I use it and I know every scratch in it.
Now imagine one day I discover a small hidden drawer within a drawer hidden within my favorite desk. My special desk that I have spent thousands of hours with. As a treasure hunter I would be quite interested in the contents of that drawer. I would not rest until I figured out how to open it. Of course I want to open it without destroying my desk too.
Hoagland just told me there was a drawer in my desk.
Maybe it's full of Gold coins. Maybe it's full of dead flies and spiders. Either way I want to see the inside of it.

Touchy, touchy, aren't we?
I have started a million threads and people can post whatever they want in them and some go way off topic but it never bothers me.
That sort of thing hardly seems to bother anyone around here but it appears you are quite different.
Tell you what, since you don't seem to have any sort of a sense of humor I will just add you to my ignore list, and congratulations you are the first one, so you will never have to deal with me or any of my comments, ever, even if I ever did have anything constructive to pass on about anything.

Scorpio, it sounds like the air is clear so let's keep the ball rolling on this one. My offer remains...

You should be thankful it's not windows.

Attachments

• windows-blue-screen-of-death-pfn_list_corrupt.jpg
    windows-blue-screen-of-death-pfn_list_corrupt.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 739
Back
Top Bottom