PI gold and glitter

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I got an offer from cntrydncr to try out here Garrett Inf LS since she had read i was reading up on them and other PIs. So we hit a rather heavy hit beach for about 4 hours to see what the machine could do. It had a nice 8" mono coil which from what i could tell was getting about the same depth as the Xcal with a 10". As you can tell i dug the usual junk.... bobbie pins, pull tabs and junk jewerly. I did a couple of small pieces of silver the ear stud and small chain. The one thing i think is an ear gage... SS. As you can tell by the change wasnt much out there for a 4 hour rund.

I liked using the PI didnt care much for the he-haw sound the hi lo seemed to make. Took a few to get used to those double tones im just used to the threshold increase of the Xcal. I liked the 8 inch mono .... moved easy in the water and was as difficult as i thought it might be to PP. Nice to be able to put the coil in the hole dug.... but you couldnt tell where the target was if you had to take another scoop. First time so im not certain i got it set properly. I was getting very weak hi-lo tones if i moved to quickly, possibly black sand noise. I learned quickly what a bobbie pin sounded like, as you can tell i dug them anyway. I stopped listening to the loud hi-los and concentrated more on those giving a threshold break but to weak to sound off with hi lo. I dont know if i set it up properly with the threshold being around 6 for me. I was afraid it was going to pick up my scoop since my Exp will... but the halo on the coil wasnt bad. I had to be careful since i had land headphones not the water ones. Fun day Deb thanks.

I did manage one keeper..... as you can see 14K 3.2 g w/11 stones. Yeee Haaa.

Dew

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 701
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 699
That is a beauty for sure!! How do you like that??? He uses my machine and on the FIRST hunt with it finds gold. Congrats!!

Great score to round out the hunt Drew. :goodjob: Congratulations.

So what's your take on the Infinium LS. I have been thinking :thinking:, :snapoutofit:, :snapoutofit:, of possibly adding one to my arsenal....like I need another machine.:umno:

Craig...you can tell im country because in PP i think the Xcal gives a duck for good and a crow for iron...... just me. But anyone using the finny i think will know what i was saying.

Maybe i should just take up borrowing machines Deb :laughing: I could have a darn good ring count if i could get 3 or 4 people a week to loan me a machine. I could tell one thing..... the Xcals left me some trash to dig.

Dew

Thanks Terry. As far as the stone, yes its real but not nearly as nice as the ring i got a couple of months back. I doubt ill be selling it for $100 scrape.

Dew

I am looking for glitter and all I see is a ROCK. You better hide that from the women in your life. It will be gone fast! Congrats on a huge find. That is nice!! Bling bling Cha Ching

Back
Top Bottom