Different set of displays...things to do in wintertime...( 11 pics )

yardhunter

.................OK, some of you may have seen this thread ( about building displays during the wintertime ) recently:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=94203

Here's another one I'm willing to share for those looking for something to do when it's too cold to detect.
Here we go.....unlike the "rescued" display case in the previous thread that has 6 shelves...this one is an actual gun cabinet..or at least it use to be one......
Before I took the back off of it & removed the rack gun barrels would lay against. I then added a bright sheet of paneling so relics would stand out. Then I added dowel pins in the sides before getting glass shelves cut to fit the interior. I also added a 2' light at the top inside. Altogether, I have about $100.00 total cost in the cabinet.

Just like the previous cabinet, I only display things of little or no value. They are great conversation pieces and unorganized because everyone walks past it & vibrations shakes the targets often....( need a piece of carpet under it---but---that's another day....LOL

OK, let's get started.
Here's going down the left side.........

ry%3D480

Further down the left side.........

ry%3D480

Down more.......

ry%3D480

waaaay down left side.............

ry%3D480

Finally....bottom left......

ry%3D480

OK...here's the right side......

ry%3D480

Little further down right....

ry%3D480

Down further right.....

ry%3D480

Further down.......
Some stuff my bride found years ago when she use to detect...

ry%3D480

bottom right...( the bottles came from a drained lake )

ry%3D480

Finally, here 's the whole gun display case conversion......

ry%3D480

Hope you enjoy the displays. They are fun to scavenge from flea markets & old junk shops to bring home & make displays. I'll post another one someday soon......HH............see ya yardhunter

Awesome!!

Say, can I see this piece, front and back?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 441
Back
Top Bottom