New coil on the excal seems to work

zeemang

Forum Supporter
I got out today with canadianguy for about three hours in the water. Tough digging with mud and shells, earned every darn one of those coins! Ring is 14k...
HH all!

Attachments

• SAM_4717.jpg
    SAM_4717.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 445
  • SAM_4718.jpg
    SAM_4718.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 389
  • SAM_4719.jpg
    SAM_4719.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 398
Awwwww yeah! :yes:

That's definitely a working coil! Hard earned coin and gold!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Where is the other 4 rings lol,,,,,,,,glad your self done repair is working,,,,,nice looking piece,,,,,,GL HH

Bklein, i had to swap my 10 inch original coil out for an 8 inch tornado coil. My old coil was just crazy, chattered when held still pointed at the sky.
OBN and Stavr helped me out with the info i needed to complete the process
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=253738
Gold digger 2, i know right? I used to always hit three rings per hunt, but lately conditions are just terrible here, off to try again tomorrow!
Compass, it really was not that bad. Once you wrap your head around the fact you are REALLY going to do it and get the boards out of the pod it really went smoothly. OBN and Stavr were both a big help with providing info to me that gave me the confidence to jump in and go for it! Just need a somewhat steady hand and a basic small soldering iron...

That ring looks great Z! Congrats on the 14k! Looks like your heater is running on all cylinders, looking forward to some more gold posts from your end bud! :cheers:

Tim.......his problem was hes getting 2 1/2" less coverage....... thats where those other rings were.:lol:

I applaud you Z. You dont have as many detector stores as we do. I grew up on a farm ..... so if it dont work, YOU fixed it. Joe told me the machine will work..... just not right if you get those wires turned around. Id say you done good. Now..... back out there for those other 4 golds.

Dew

Nice golden pull tab! And the ring is cool too! :) Is that a lead toy next to it?

Back
Top Bottom