• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lordy-lordy # 40

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Last week. Mon. I got permission for an 1870 house, after three trips there, My only silver was a Barber quarter-three wheaties, A buck or two in clad. Thurs. I get a call from a guy who said he knew the owner of a property that they had just tore an 1880s house down for redevelopment, He said I had the go ahead. I said I'll be right out. Couldn't get a good repeatable signal, alot of iron and trash. Almost got the skunk but I did manage one memorial penny before the rain chased me out of there. Back at it in the am, same thing, I did dig one dime-a 68 from the root of an old tree, and 4 more memorial pennies. I met one of the neighbors and of course he ask me Did you find anything ? He says I'll let you in on a little something, The owner, his son, the guy that used to live there and me all have metal detectors and we have been over the place pretty good. Huh? Talk about coming late to the party. After about 12 hours 6 coins and a ton of trash I gotta rethink this one. Normally, I would spend more time on these sites, but pressure is mounting as the year is coming to an end and I would like to hit my goal for the year. Sat. I got 3 no's on door knocks. Sunday I decided to go to the local park and do a little clad stabbing,and hoping for a silver or two. Not bad over three bucks in clad. 10 quarters, 10 dimes, a nickle a 64 go figure and three pennies. Clad dimes were ringing in 11-44 12-44 on the Etrac. that day. Most time those are what memorial pennies ring in as. 12-45 13-45 is normal for a clad dime. The best part of the day was when I got a screaming 13-48 about 7 in. down. Digging in soft dirt it wasn't long before I saw the reed of a silver coin in the hole. YES a nice shiny 44 GW. Number 40. I would love to hit fifty FTY, but the weather is about to change for the worse here real soon. Thanks for looking. HH Mark

Attachments

• 20171204_155749.jpg
    20171204_155749.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 584
  • 20171204_155805.jpg
    20171204_155805.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 20171203_150017.jpg
    20171203_150017.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 543
  • 20171203_150216.jpg
    20171203_150216.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 545
  • 20171203_173823.jpg
    20171203_173823.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 539
  • 20171203_173839.jpg
    20171203_173839.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 549
Lots of nice finds,that’s the best part of Pennsylvania,ya never know what gonna come outta the ground.lol.congrats on all and especially the Washington

Great find and write up! Hey Mark...I experienced the SAME thing with the Dime/penny tones yesterday....dimes ringing in where the coppers usually do...I noticed it and thought It was something to do with the site...but now I'm not so sure! Solar activity?

Great find and write up! Hey Mark...I experienced the SAME thing with the Dime/penny tones yesterday....dimes ringing in where the coppers usually do...I noticed it and thought It was something to do with the site...but now I'm not so sure! Solar activity?

:shock:aliens r invading!!!:shock:

Thanks

Lots of nice finds,that’s the best part of Pennsylvania,ya never know what gonna come outta the ground.lol.congrats on all and especially the Washington
You got that right, we got a smorgasborg in our Pa. soil. How about that guy out in Ca. Find a 5 dol. gold and there crying about no old coppers. lol I'll send him all three largies I've found for a goldie. Ha Ha . Good luck, Mark

Full moon

Mud thanks, we are in a super moon, hey it affects the ocean, could do something to the polarity or hell I don't know could be the detector gods just messin with us. Anyway good luck n keep diggin. HH Mark

Thank you

Good finds and hopefully a good time Mark, congrats buddy!!
Ron, thank you. I think I'm starting to click with the Etrac. Waiting for the Equinox. I hope it handles this Pa. soil better than the Etrac. Good luck and happy holidays to you and your family. HH Mark

Congrats on #40 Mark! Sorry to hear about you getting some no's on the door knocks and then the 1880's house bust. At least you gave it a shot and there's always the possibility that people missed stuff. Was this property in Mt. Lebanon by chance? I detected an 1880's property there back in October before it was auctioned off. I managed a Merc and two Rosie's on a quick hunt but never got a chance to get back there. It looked promising.

Thank you sir,

Congrats on #40 Mark! Sorry to hear about you getting some no's on the door knocks and then the 1880's house bust. At least you gave it a shot and there's always the possibility that people missed stuff. Was this property in Mt. Lebanon by chance? I detected an 1880's property there back in October before it was auctioned off. I managed a Merc and two Rosie's on a quick hunt but never got a chance to get back there. It looked promising.
Fred thanks, the GW was a nice surprise, my last three silvers have been quarters. I have been to that park several times and that was the first silver. That 1880s bust is out by you on Silver Lane. The one no I got on Sat. was a real disappointment, a house built in 1886 with a big semi-level front yard and I know it has to be original grade. Oh well. Been eyeing a 1850 house. I'm trying to find out if anybody knows the owner before I do a cold door knock. I do need some new permissions. I really want to add a seated silver to my collection before the end of the year. Good luck and HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom