Copper 24mm coin

brodz

Trying to id this worn out copper coin i have..its 24mm and
dcd6a780b59e79603f99a5a3fb00c32f.jpg
5caa0a6c7a7f26ca1ec756c8f4e2fd92.jpg
ecf441e718f93323aac0bbbb925d1a3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The copper core of a clad quarter. Exactly 24mm dia.
check weight against a undamaged clad quarter, should be slightly less.

Found my scale its 6.3grams .. i have found like 60 so far. Sum are 6.1 or 6.6g or 6
3 ..just tried Electro asus I think I'm seeing dates on The couple i just did

Found my scale its 6.3grams .. i have found like 60 so far. Sum are 6.1 or 6.6g or 6
3 ..just tried Electro asus I think I'm seeing dates on The couple i just did

60 in that condition! Wow, where did you find these?

It looks like a clad quarter that been run over by cars a few thousand times.
It looks like there is still a few speck of the silver (nickle) clad on the surface.

How does the weight compare to a clad quarter?

A possibility is these are punch outs from copper electrical enclosures.

Maybe a digger put his dirty quarters in a tumbler and completely forgot it was running for about a week...

I just got a macro lense for my phone and a new photo edit app.. so i took a few pics of these coins and noticed one stood out .. it looks like the deer or dog on a higley copper..i think it kinda similar its 24mm .any chance?
1f78ea79aeb3358a252faae46c909994.jpg
ea13f63b1ffe7f651f54042db71c64be.jpg
06690a18bdfeff1911fd81b7ff44ddb2.jpg
dc5ad4ffd4a2c574d1ff010a4bdfcd05.jpg

Im located a few miles from boston... im new to this m.detecting and coin hunting habit hobby.. a few months back, i was walkin thru a nearby small patch of woods and the lil guy in my head said this be a good spot to try out that crusty m.detector.. i couldnt stop thinkin about it so i was back up there next morning ..it was first time ever useing a m.d. i hit coin after coin! now im hooked. i go 4 times a week atleast.. my spot is roughly 4000sq ft big big hill n woods it still is the only place ive detected.. ive found tons of coins there.these are my first few days detecting finds in the pic.. im trying to figure out the history of this property..but very little success so far.. one thing other than the coins ive found.since day one im finding chissels evrywere ... they look very old they look rusted but rusted differently than what i no of ..like possibly the cast iron or cooper in them . Makeing me think there really old .some are in good shape and but most i find are beaten down to just a couple inchs.. ive also foumd a few hammer heads
.im finding the chissels in the boulder trail area heaviky but also in the hmm..i guess native rocky spots.. ..im even finding a few broken inside boulders that ya can see were split fir whatever reason.. The only info I can find out That there. Is that the strange looking boulders field is a glacial deposit That goes from Boston all the way up to N.H.. any ideas what i should look for to figure out what they were prospecting for..? I alzo cound thiz Nazi boyscout medal About an hour ago.. any ideas how old this would be?
1fdef72050753dbfe3d4056979127bb5.jpg
d4f445ebb2e7ef6529059d1eaf4fa081.jpg
f5423d2fc1afa9c82bc83f903fd163a6.jpg

Quick Google search on the text on the Good luck token found this:
https://www.sageventure.com/coins/tokens.html

Not NAZI - that symbol has been used by many cultures for many centuries before Hitler started using it. It was a good symbol before that.
Read the above link and the reference link in that article.
http://www.worldscoutingmuseum.org/swastikas.shtml

Your token make from 1910 to 1930 so Pre-Hilter and NOT nazi

Nice coins found, seems you have a great spot.

With hammers and chisels they may have just been quarrying stone for building.

Have you studied old aerial photos (google this) and maps. Might give some hint on that location.

I noticed that the coins i cleaned up Using electrolysis were sparkling in the sunlight.. I don't see much just looking at the coins until I get light to hit it ..when the light hits it it comes to life..I can see 1775 on this coin. I can see it useing a magnifying glass so I went to take a picture and wow! I'm not sure what they are so .. I'm posting a video of the first one so you all can help figure out what they are.. hopefully.. dam I took a screen shot of the video.. I'm not sure how to post a video here
dac6c8cc25da0fc9265025c6e300b640.jpg
302b4c98cef9faa22ab3be4004d5377f.jpg
e4e83b3bf941890256a4774203ba2568.jpg

Frankly, I don't see anything conclusive on any of your pics. There may be some surface anomalies that might appear as "identifiable" but the human mind wants to see things that aren't there. Like images of Jesus on toast or potato chips that are the profile of Lincoln. If you found 60 of them in one area I would surmise they're nothing more than punch outs from some manufacturing process, either industrial or home made.
Somebody was making a large hole sieve or the like. The odds would say, if there's 60 and none of them have any conclusive markings, dates, images etc, there's none there. They're something other than coins. I myself have made home made punches using pipe. To punch holes in lead, leather and yes, even copper, for various projects. Did you find any other copper "bits" in the area? Pieces that may have been trimmed off etc.

Wow. OK, so you're secret detecting spot is awesome! That's an impressive assortment of old coins and tokens; just the ones that can be identified! Hammer heads and other tools can be worth cleaning up too. Electrolysis seems to be best for this, as many forum reports have shown.

Your 24 mm coins? Maybe tokens? I can see what looks like the dog or deer, and what looks like the 1775 on that one, but these images are so faint, it's hard to tell what's original design, and what is imagination/extrapolation. With so many of them, and likely more there to find, keep checking, inspecting, photographing, etc. I don't think they are just blanks.

If you get any better imagery from any other ones, please add to this thread!

Back
Top Bottom