Metal Detecting Lingo Glossary

Hi GiGi, tots are what they call children out of diapers, but not old enough to go to school. So it's a "tot" playground. Short for "toddler" actually.

"type of turf"

I like that! :D

hard wired - a modification or quick fix to your detector

I would of thought that it means fixed, as in water detector coils and headphones and can only be changed by the makers(unless your good at ADIY)

We gotta come up with a neat name for all of those foil drink pouches and squeezable yogurt containers. I'm starting to see quite a few of them now.

KidKans eventually to become KK's ?"

Used in a sentence:

"I was in the light sand today at the beach and found nothing but KK's so I headed to the water."

Disclaimer:

I've had a couple of beers.

I use the term "mall bling" to decribe the junk or plated stuff you find. You can tell when you pick up gold ring only to see that part of the ring the gold has flaked off.

firstly i want to say that i dont know english so much so if i am wrong, i am sooooo sorry.

This web site so good. also all members good.

thank you for your post.

Welcome to the forum Mr. Yavuz were glad to have you join us here . You wrote very well no problem with your words . Hope you enjoy yourself here .

re:

What an awaesome list:wow: There are still many words I have read through these forum that I didnt understand and now I do!
great stuff!
cheers
mrix

We gotta come up with a neat name for all of those foil drink pouches and squeezable yogurt containers. I'm starting to see quite a few of them now.

I can't tell you how much I HATE those things. I spent the better part of two days MDing on the beach only to have most of my time wasted by those things. After diggin' up two or three I figured out how to discriminate them. I did discover that my Prizm V would find stuff really deep because of those juice packets though. I was picking some of them up at almost two feet! (looked like I was diggin' a tiger pit:lol:)

well i have to add one i heard from a post on here by wishooter that i thought was good and funny.

bark bandits--def. annoying kids

fiddly biiiits
the dogs bollls
mincing
heeeeeby jeeeebies
grot,,,,ruff old roman coin
mingin,,,,,,,,bloooooomin horibubble
sshmiiiit,,,,police
WMD,,,,,weapon of mass detection

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom