The better cheaper Metal Detector?

I would but that's the Bummer!

I work with the Mammoth Cave Restoration Group. So will be visiting, and staying in Mammoth Cave National Park.

Check out my other post regarding this!

BUMMER !!!

You already own an entry level detector , even though the tesoro compadre and fisher f2 are better detectors , thats still almost a lateral move , it makes more sense to save up and get a mid range or better detector for your next one if you are seriously into the hobby. You will be happier with the purchase and it will reward you much more than just another entry level machine.

I would go with a used unit, I paid $200 for my GTAx-1250 and it works great.
I dug a 22 casing 10 inches deep, of course it told me it was a quarter, but I love it none the less.

I know I have said it and many others but the Garrett ProPointer is superior over the Fisher PP. Do not discount the Fisher PP though. It works and works well, just not as good as the Garrett. If you get one in the package and feel it may be a while before you can upgrade, use the Fisher and you will learn to count on it.

It fits in the pocket easy (try that with the Harbor Freight model), and finds targets within 2". For me that works as by the time I pinpoint the target, cut a V notch, insert the pp and VIOLA! There is the target, I can pop it out w/ fingers or use trowel to move some dirt to expose. Rescan for any other targets, recover, and move on. After a bit one can pare your digging time to brief stops many times under a minute or two.

Eventually you will want the Garrett. I do. I will keep my Fisher and it will be used by my son or wife when I get another MD.

Mine is a bounty hunter discovery 1100 which cost me about $70 shipped used. I have no basis for comparison but i think it's VERY good for the money!

Again thanks for all the reply's!

The Fisher PP comes with the package deal so might as well use it, and its better than nothing!

Happy Hunting to all!

Back
Top Bottom