For you motorheads

Thanks! 383-4BBL, 727 Trans, all matching #'s except the rear was supposed to have the 742 case according to the build sheet but this has the 489 case, which was replaced at some point.

Nice . Always was one of my favorite cars. I'll have to admit , I'm a Ford man, but that's one of the few I'd take over a Ford.

Yeah it's OK for a Ford, although it's about 50 years too new for my liking. Same goes with the Camaros and Challengers...the Mopar especially, like driving a ton of bricks and good for a straight line :lol:

Meanwhile, what do I drive in the summer? A girly Fusion.

Thanks! 383-4BBL, 727 Trans, all matching #'s except the rear was supposed to have the 742 case according to the build sheet but this has the 489 case, which was replaced at some point.

Very collectible car there!

Still got the Certicard? ;)

Back then Chrysler had a 5/50k mile warranty.

They replaced a lot of big parts. :shock:

Yeah it's OK for a Ford, although it's about 50 years too new for my liking. Same goes with the Camaros and Challengers...the Mopar especially, like driving a ton of bricks and good for a straight line :lol:

Meanwhile, what do I drive in the summer? A girly Fusion.

Yeah my neighbors new Challenger already had to take a wrecker ride for repair. Saw a New Mustang with the old school green. Looks a lot better on my buddies '67.

Very nice looking car and I'm sure you will need to put some tires on it for the drags. What's it gonna run in 1/4?

I know where a '67 or '68 fastback is , you can only see the back end of it , sitting in an old garage , I think the old couple that used to live there have died and they must not have had any kids , and the state is probably going to auction everything off. Original paint. Makes me drool every time I go by.
Another old fellow I know has a his 1 owner '70 'Cuda sitting in his garage , he was wanting to restore it , but just never got around to it. His health is failing him now , and I don't want to be thought of as a vulture.
These newer cars are great , but they just don't have the style of those older hot rods.

Took DOMINO to the dyno last night. Turned out some pretty good numbers. 629 hp 646 tq to the wheels.

Dyno-2012-1.jpg

Dyno-2012-5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice cars there guys....even if a strong Corvette fan, the Mustang is always a cool car and on my short list of car buys.

Those are both nice cars to own. My cousin has an original GT350 and we have gone on some great rides, the GT500 must be a real hoot.

I just saw a u tube video yesterday , showing where Fords new GT 40 has held the track record at a popular test track for most car manufacturers Well Chevrolet has a new vette that has beaten the GT's record by a second and a half. But the Vette was using some factory horsepower and suspension upgrades. But the Vette is a V-8 with upgrades for around $ 125,000 , while the GT is factory stock with a V-6 for $ 450,000. Sure would be fun to drive one of those machines.

Back
Top Bottom