Treasure Products Great Service on Vibra Probe Pin-Pointer !

ToddB64

Elite Member
Hi :tiphat:

If you're deciding on a new pin-pointer, read on......

Treasure Products, Inc. replaced my 10 year old Vibra Probe model 570 with a brand new up-graded model 580 at N/C to me !

All I had to pay was $11.00 postage to ship the 570 to the factory for their inspection. The problem was a slower-than-normal delay in turning ON when pointed UP in the usual manner.

I talked to Mike on the phone at the factory before returning my 570 and again after receiving the new 580. He was very nice and said the factory had thoroughly checked the 570, but couldn't find anything wrong . He suggested a metal detector might have been too close to the pin pointer causing cross-talk, or EMI from power lines or some other electronic equipment nearby could have affected the PP circuitry. Anyhow, he said they wanted to keep me a happy customer so decided to replace my 570 with a new model 580 .

The 580 has an up-graded battery power-saving feature in the Turn off mode that works as follows:

Turn off: In my words, after using the 580 in your hole, point the tip UP and it gives two long pulses and the probe turns OFF within 1 (one) second ! In comparison, the 570 does not turn OFF until pointed DOWN for 1 (one) minute after the last pulse.

The packaging for the new 580 was excellent (cardboard boxing with lots of bubble-wrap on the inside) and cost Treasure Products $12.75 for shipment to me and is valued @ $129.95 at dealers !

That's what this honest, responsible company did for me, even after the warranty period was long past !

ToddB64 :dancing:

That's great customer service! I've had a 560 for 12 years and even though I just bought and started using the Garrett I still think the Vibraprobes are great pinpointers.

> Treasure Products Great Service on Vibra Probe Pin-Pointer !

That's great customer service! I've had a 560 for 12 years and even though I just bought and started using the Garrett I still think the Vibraprobes are great pinpointers.

Hi MDLocal ! :tiphat:

I'm just curious, while owning your Vibra Probe 560 for 12 years, have you ever had to send it to the factory for service ?
If so, how long did you have it before the problem occurred and what was the problem ??

Like you, I also have a Garrett, the Pro Pointer AT (aka: Orange Carrot) and love it too !

Thanks for your reply !

Toddb64

Last edited:
Hi MDLocal ! :tiphat:

I'm just curious, while owning your Vibra Probe 560 for 12 years, have you ever had to send it to the factory for service ?
If so, how long did you have it before the problem occurred and what was the problem ??

Like you, I also have a Garrett, the Pro Pointer AT (aka: Orange Carrot) and love it too !

Thanks for your reply !

Toddb64

Hi Toddb,

I never had to send it to the factory myself. It didn't get continuous use in that 12 years but it did take a decent amount of use with no issues. Still works great to this day! The Pro Pointer is my primary pinpointer now but I still have and would use (and recommend) the Vibraprobe series 100%.

> Treasure Products Great Service on Vibra Probe Pin-Pointer !

Hi Toddb,

I never had to send it to the factory myself. It didn't get continuous use in that 12 years but it did take a decent amount of use with no issues. Still works great to this day! The Pro Pointer is my primary pinpointer now but I still have and would use (and recommend) the Vibraprobe series 100%.

MDLocal,

Thanks for the above reply ! :grin:

ToddB64

Back
Top Bottom