Is the Whites XLT still relevant?

My uncle just gave me his hardly used Whites Spectrum XLT and I can't wait to use it. I'm new to detecting and have been using a cheapo Bounty Hunter lol but I've had some good times with that thing so I can't wait to see what I can produce with this XLT. I'm curious about the programing your all talking about. I can't even turn mine on yet as my uncle couldn't find the battery pack lol but if he don't find it in a couple days I'll just grab one online or something.
I'm curious what the toggle switch is right on or near the handle too ?
So this was a good thread to go through as I was wondering if it was a good machine. When he told me he said he had a top of the line MD but neglected to say it was prolly 10 years old lol but that's ok by me from what I've read :)
Here are a couple XLT manuals that you can download

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/me...mples/s/p/spectrum_xlt_instruction_manual.pdf

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/me...mples/x/l/xlt_spectrum_instruction_manual.pdf

My uncle just gave me his hardly used Whites Spectrum XLT and I can't wait to use it. I'm new to detecting and have been using a cheapo Bounty Hunter lol but I've had some good times with that thing so I can't wait to see what I can produce with this XLT. I'm curious about the programing your all talking about. I can't even turn mine on yet as my uncle couldn't find the battery pack lol but if he don't find it in a couple days I'll just grab one online or something.
I'm curious what the toggle switch is right on or near the handle too ?
So this was a good thread to go through as I was wondering if it was a good machine. When he told me he said he had a top of the line MD but neglected to say it was prolly 10 years old lol but that's ok by me from what I've read :)

Just call Whites. Tell them the battery holder got lost. ;)

The XLT is still relevant but comparing it to the Etrac is not really fair. It is a single frequency machine and is a whole different animal. It is still a good machine and will go pretty deep with some program mods.

Just call Whites. Tell them the battery holder got lost. ;)

x2 I have heard good things about Whites service. just call and say you lost it and want to bring the old Whites detector back alive. you may be surprised with a brand new battery holder at your door. I plan to get a V3i whites one day and so will you if you stay in the hobby prolly. HH

I know bumping a thread this old is probably Taboo, but I just picked up a nice used White's XLT with the Rainbow Stickers on it and this was the 1st thread that I read, and of course even with it being an old thread you folks shared lots of good info... My Plans are to carry the XLT as my spare and to let my better 1/2 use it when I can get her out with me...

If anyone has any other tips or links that will help e with this machine, then by all means please post them...

Back
Top Bottom