The Cool Weather Got The Deus Smoking Hot

beephead

Elite Member
I started out this morning with the CTX 3030 with the 6 inch search coil attached. It was finding plenty of coins in trashy areas but no silver. I decided that the site that I was at wasn't worth my energy and that I needed a larger search coil.

When I arrived at the next site I pulled out my Deus since it had a larger search coil. I had more open area to cover and it wasn't all that trashy. Right off I got a high tone and 93 ID reading. When I popped the plug I found what thought at first was a slug, but finally I saw that it was a heavily grey tarnished Standing Liberty Quarter. It's not pretty, but it will look better once I clean it up. My second one for the year.

My next good find was a foreign coin spill. I'm only showing 2 coins in the hole shot because I didn't find the 3rd one until I rescanned the hole. I wonder how those foreign 1942 and 1946 coins got there?

My next find was a shallow 1959 Rosie. It was giving an ID of 91 and was screaming out a high tone that you couldn't pass up. It's not much, but I'll take it.

My last find was also swallow and in the same area where I found the Rosie. It's ID was bouncing between 89 and 90. I figured maybe a clad dime. Nope, it was 1940 Mercury dime. You just have to dig those clad dimes, wheat and copper pennies ID numbers, because they could turn out to be silver coins.

Tomorrow is haircut day and I need to finish putting out my tomato and pepper plants, so I'll get a day of rest from detecting. I'm going back to that site with the CTX with its larger stock search coil attached. I bet that I find more silver coins. On yeah, I found 9 wheat pennies.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 448
Nice assortment of finds there congrats. Probably somebody that was in the war brought those coins back as a souvenir. My father-in-law was was in World War II gave me some foreign coins he collected over there.

Nice finds. Love those SLQs. I haven’t found one in nearly 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice hunt and finds. Congratulations.
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile and find a good site.

Very nice of you to let the Deus play! Nice finds!
Thanks! With the CTX and Deus I have most bases covered.

Very good indeed. I'd take that kind of hunt any day for sure.
Thanks! Silver around here are getting harder to find. It has been a while since I've had a 7 or 8 silver coin day.

Nice assortment of finds there congrats. Probably somebody that was in the war brought those coins back as a souvenir. My father-in-law was was in World War II gave me some foreign coins he collected over there.
Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

Another fine hunt, with lots of good photos and a good writeup!
Keep on Beepin' on!
Thanks! I love pictures and I like to know which detector is being used.

Nice finds. Love those SLQs. I haven’t found one in nearly 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I found 2 SLQ last year and I've already found 3 this year. I probably won't see another one for 3 years! They're hard to come by.

Awesome hunting! Big congrats!
Thanks! I need to get in all the hunting that I can because it won't be long and the weather gets really hot and the ground gets hard to dig.

beephead

Congrats on another great hunt !!! Foreign coins are cool to find and the Deus seemed to sniff out the silver today.

Trully smoking hot! I like the coins you found!
Thanks! I'm going back over that site with a fine toothed comb.

What a spectacular bunch of finds!
Thanks! After spending the majority my time at a site that didn't have any silver, It didn't take long to find silver at the new site. If silver coins aren't there you're not going to find any. When I started finding lots of wheat pennies I knew silver was likely to be there as well.

Congrats on another great hunt !!! Foreign coins are cool to find and the Deus seemed to sniff out the silver today.
Thanks! Don't under estimate the Deus, it's a proven winner.

Congratulations on another Stander! Haircut day? Like on your head or just the normal inside of your ears, back and nose?:laughing:
Thanks! Yeah, that's the 3rd one for the year. BTW, I have gorgeous hair! LOL

Nice hunt! I’m not sure if I’m more jealous of the coins or you being able to plant already. :lol:
Thanks! Our normal last frost date is April 15. I grow Big Beef tomatoes because they're best tasting hybrid and are super easy to grow. I used to grow some heirloom tomatoes, but they split open all time, don't produce lots of fruit and are not disease resistant like Big Beef tomatoes are. Jet Star and Parks Whopper are good as well, but Big Boy and Better Boy SUCK compared to those three.

beephead

Well....if your cool weather and Deus are contributing to those nice finds...I wonder what my FREEZING weather and my Deus would bring....

Nada...this homie don't play that freezing treasure hunting game....:no:

Note to self: look into Tennessee as possible place to live after retirement.

HDD

Misleading title..

Wait, you said "The cool Weather" in your subject post..

And yet you show flowers, green green grass.. in your photo?!

if I didn't know better I'd say you're just trying to rub it in on us up north who are braving the 33'F temps just trying to get out of the house after a long winter of cabin fever.. For SHAME sir.. for shame!!

Yeah, envious as heck over there ;)

Cool finds! Thanks for sharing...

Back
Top Bottom