Need a good lightweight beach scoop

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Hey I have the Stealth 720i scoop but is just to big to lug around for hours at a time. I've seen some that look smaller but still have a deep scoop and are a lot lighter. If any of you guys have a scoop that I'm looking for PM and I may trade my scoop for yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really, the 720i scoop is heavy??? That's the lightest scoop I've ever used.. I can barely feel the weight. Maybe you have a heavy handle on it? Try switching out the handle to carbon fiber.

The 720i weighs 2.85lbs.

Really, the 720i scoop is heavy??? That's the lightest scoop I've ever used.. I can barely feel the weight. Maybe you have a heavy handle on it? Try switching out the handle to carbon fiber.

The 720i weighs 2.85lbs.

I have the ash handle on mine. I may opt for the carbon fiber one

I have the ash handle on mine. I may opt for the carbon fiber one

Yep, that's what I use as well. I've considered switching to the carbon fiber handle, but most of my hunting is done in the water, so not sure if it's worth it. If I were doing dry land mostly, I'd definitely go with carbon fiber... you'd save a good 2lbs.

Stealth scoops are some of the lightest weight scoops (I believe). My previous scoop was a RTG 6" aluminum scoop, now that thing was heavy!

I can't imagine ANYTHING being lighter than my Stealth with a carbon fiber handle...other than a smaller Stealth with a carbon fiber handle!:yes:

I have carbon fiber handles for both my Stealths and a travel scoop for one that is also carbon fiber. I can't do weight because of my neck. I love these things.

I've found the cf can be slippery at times when wet or with gloves. I put sections of electrical tape as knobs in a few places to grab onto or provide support when pulling or dragging it behind me.. I tried wrapping it like a hockey stick but sand always found a way under

I have carbon fiber handles for both my Stealths and a travel scoop for one that is also carbon fiber. I can't do weight because of my neck. I love these things.

My 720 with a wood handle weight 3oz less than my tiny 6" alum RTG. C/F would have made it significantly lighter....It's the best way to lighten the load!

Sounds like OP needs to hit the weights and beef up those girly boy arms a bit :laughing:

(sorry but you teed that up for me)

Sounds like OP needs to hit the weights and beef up those girly boy arms a bit :laughing:

(sorry but you teed that up for me)

lol I knew someone would say that! Between dragging that scoop and swinging the ctx with the 17" coil for 5 or 6 hours it kicks my butt

lol I knew someone would say that! Between dragging that scoop and swinging the ctx with the 17" coil for 5 or 6 hours it kicks my butt

You'll have popeye arms in no time!

I switched to carbon on my 720i and immediately noticed the difference. Chuck at Stealth sells them as fast as he gets them made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vic

Get a grab handle, Chuck sells them for 12.00, put it low on the scoop just above the neck, when you hold the scoop, you right hand comes around the right side, holding like a motorcycle grip, the handle lies just in front of your shoulder , when you get a target, just drop, Earl

Attachments

• P1000469.JPG
    P1000469.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 208
  • P1000473.JPG
    P1000473.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 205
Get a grab handle, Chuck sells them for 12.00, put it low on the scoop just above the neck, when you hold the scoop, you right hand comes around the right side, holding like a motorcycle grip, the handle lies just in front of your shoulder , when you get a target, just drop, Earl

I have both grips on mine

Back
Top Bottom