• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hunting Partner in Tampa, FL?

BorrachoBastard

Heylo m'dudes,
Any fellow hunters in Tampa, FL? I am very new to this and I would like to find a hunting buddy to go on an excursion with to a local spot with! I have found some cheap jewelry at Clearwater but other beaches are mostly unknown to me. Thanks! shadilay m'hunters

You can also detect grassy parks if you don't do real damage. St. Pete had 38 parks in 1942. Tampa maps show less than 10 parks but I suspect they don't want people like tourists to know of most parks. Google maps are pretty good for finding detecting spots. If not locked, you can also detect schools when not in session. St Pete has several parks on Tampa Bay but unsure if they have beaches? I detected a St. Pete waterfront park, poking around in the grass for an hour, got over a dozen coins near the surface.

Really? over a dozen? theres an old riverside park near where I live that I might detect, but I had no idea you could detect schools. Is it different from place to place? that's weeeeird as !!!! that that's legal, quite cool

Research

Picnic Island and the beach in So Tampa....I did well there, but that was 10 years ago. The hill to the right was said to be a staging area for the S.A.War
soldiers heading to Cuba. IDK if that's fact or even if it can be detected.

.... I had no idea you could detect schools. ...

Sure. But a word-to-the-wise: When it comes to turf (esp. if nicely manicured) : Pick low traffic times. Because even though it might not have any specific rule that said "no md'ing", yet .... someone could still gripe because they think you're about to leave a hole.

And for schools, needless to say, you go towards dusk, when school is completely over for the day. Or on weekends, assuming no other activity is going on. We are in a hobby with ... uh ... "connotations".

For barren landscape, beach, etc... much less so. But for nice turf: Just don't be an eye-sore :)

Back
Top Bottom