• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Euro Tek Pro Pinpoint

Silversmith45

Elite Member
Has anyone else had problems with the pinpoint on the Euro Tek Pro? The one on mine is almost useless. As soon as you press the pinpoint it usually goes to Error or blank. Every now and then it works but nine out of ten times it doesn't. I also have a Tek G2 and a Tek Delta. I have no problems with the pinpoint on them. I just wondered if it was just my detector or if it is a common problem with them.

I dont know about that detector in particular but some other ones like the AT pro you need to move the coil away from the target , push the button and bring it in to the target. If you push the button over the target it will many times null out like you are describing.

I pulled out the Eurotek Pro the other day , and was actually having the same problem . A buddy of mine was hunting with me , and picks up on these things pretty quick , so I asked him to try it out . He would find the target , stop the coil over the target , then move it very slowly , barely moving the coil past the beep , x-ing the target without the pin point button to center on the target . It worked for him . I was having a bad day with headaches and back pain , so I didnt try it myself , but will next time out . Good luck . Let me know what works for you , as I may try it as well .

This is a pretty common issue with the Eurotek Pro. Seems to be resolved with recently made ones and Teknetics will fix for you. Just give them a call.

I couldn't get rid of the ETP fast enough. Pinpoint didn't work from the time it came out of the box. My dealer took it back. 2 Delta 4000 craped out also.

Yes

I have three , had to send the one I bought off Captain silver on arrival to Fisher for repair for the pin-point feature Not working, it was out of warranty , but they replaced parts free, as I complained I herd this was a on going problem with the ETPs, but also said the next time , I would get charged, It is the weak point to the ETP, and the screen scratches way to easy, other than that, it's a good machine, send it in, they will replace some washer behind the pad, along with other part's, Teknetics need' to address both issue's mentioned here, and one other thing , to improve the machine, add a manual ground balance feature , happy hunting , Earl

Has anyone else had problems with the pinpoint on the Euro Tek Pro? The one on mine is almost useless. As soon as you press the pinpoint it usually goes to Error or blank. Every now and then it works but nine out of ten times it doesn't. I also have a Tek G2 and a Tek Delta. I have no problems with the pinpoint on them. I just wondered if it was just my detector or if it is a common problem with them.

euro tek pro was my 1st detector,pinpoint never worked. i just used the wiggle method.never missed it

Man, I love that little machine. I bought it specifically to leave in the truck all the time. That lasted until my truck was broke into and my expensive tablet was stolen. I don't leave it in the truck anymore but still love to get out with it. My only complaints are the pinpoint button and emi. I need to box it up and send it in for the pinpoint fix. After that it should be good to go again. I also like that the coils are interchangeable with the Omega. My advice would be to send it in, get the pinpoint fixed and stick with it after that if you don't have emi issues.

I just got the push in version of ETP from Cabela's called the TreasureTek Elite. same button layout but they seem to have that improved button feel that you see on the newer First texas detectors with membrane buttons. We'll see how it holds up.

On a second thought, the 4" concentric (ultra 4) that is truly a greek coil is fantastic. Worth the price of admission. they should have that coil made and marketed for the greek line ASAP.

Detecting MO

The ETP's are great machines, light , go fairly deep, large screen but scratches easy, inter changeable coils in the Greek series line up, however any issue concerning the Pin point button , Teknetics should fix for free, because of the well known weakness, when it comes back, the newer parts that don't break, ARE needed, seams to be the same style pin point button on my Omega 8000 :shock::shock::shock:, it might be a good idea for Teknetics to go ALL trigger pin point, on the entire line up, Earl

I am having general touch pad issues with mine. I hit menu, go to change the settings ,and it goes to pinpoint most of the time. I can eek out settings changes. after a few tries. I'm sending mine back to Cabela's for a replacement. I'm going to cover the touch on the next one with clear, adhesive plastic. I'm kind of heavy handed.

As for the pinpoint function, it works well for me. It does "lock on" at times as I pull away from a target. When it does, I restart outside the field and move back in.

Glad I did a search on the ETP and found this thread! Mine has been whacko ever since I got it, but I thought maybe, just maybe it was operator error, since I'm a newb at MD. Now I know. Should I send it back to the dealer I got it from, or Teknetics?

Glad I did a search on the ETP and found this thread! Mine has been whacko ever since I got it, but I thought maybe, just maybe it was operator error, since I'm a newb at MD. Now I know. Should I send it back to the dealer I got it from, or Teknetics?

I'd talk to the dealer you got it from first. If you don't get any results send an e-mail to Felix at Fisher. (Teknetics, Fisher, Bounty Hunter) They're great people. I got mine back and it's working fine now. I think the early ones had a problem with the pinpointing. Just explain what it is or isn't doing.

I'd talk to the dealer you got it from first. If you don't get any results send an e-mail to Felix at Fisher. (Teknetics, Fisher, Bounty Hunter) They're great people. I got mine back and it's working fine now. I think the early ones had a problem with the pinpointing. Just explain what it is or isn't doing.

Its not an "early problem" as I just bought Euroteck Pro in March of 2017 and it had this pinpoint problem.

Teknetics is now relabeling the Eurotek Pro as the Ameritek Minuteman. Should be interesting to see if Minutemen owners show up here with same problem.

BTW, there is a DIY fix for Eurotek Pro pinpoint problem in this forum.

Why doesn't the company fix this issue? I had it with my several year old unit would love another but frustrated they don't care enough to rectify the problem.

Back
Top Bottom