found a 18k hge ring, trying to find out what symbol means

SeekingOldies

Hey guys, I was at the grade school scoping things out and found a 18k hge ring, not worth much but beautiful stone and unique design. Anyway it has a diamond shape stamp after the hge with a v in the middle. Anyone know what that means?

That would definitely be the makers mark. There are several sites out there with makers marks but it will take a bit to find the one you have. I have searched several of them and its a pain. One you find a god site remeber to bookmark it!!

Good luck and keep finding the gold! It becomes an addiction!!

Hey guys, I was at the grade school scoping things out and found a 18k hge ring, not worth much but beautiful stone and unique design. Anyway it has a diamond shape stamp after the hge with a v in the middle. Anyone know what that means?

It's not worth much? 18K? send her over to me then....:lol:

VARGAS: 1945 - 1980?

The Vargas Manufacturing Company was founded in Providence, RI in 1945 and produced ornamental costume jewelry, prong set with clear and colored rhinestones, faux pearls and simulated colored glass stones (ruby, sapphire and opal) on sterling silver, 10k gold filled, gold plated and silver plated base metals. Many pieces designs (bracelets in particular) had 3-dimensional detailed surfaces layered with huge repousse’ scrolled leaves and textured berries set on an antique finish of silvertone and goldtone metal with smooth and shining surfaces on the interior of the jewelry pieces. The bracelets, at least 1 ½" wide, opened wide, were hinged and came with a safety chain for added security. Many of the jewelry designs were identical to those made by Whiting & Davis also located in Providence, RI, (sharing designs -the practice between competing costume jewelry houses was not uncommon in the 1940s and 1950s), and competition was prevalent in those days. Mark: "V in an elongated diamond shape" since 1945, "VARGAS" ornamental jewelry since June 1945, "Vargas 10K GF", "Cradle Craft" in script on children’s jewelry, pendants, necklaces, pins, bracelets and finger rings in Sept. 1946, " a large V partly inside and outside a triangle" particularly on ornamental jewelry for children since Jam. 15, 1947, "Lucky Elephant" in 1960 and "Brazilia" in 1971, "Grandee" in 1971, "Bennard" in 1969. It is assumed that the company ceased operations in 1980.

this link to see mark...

http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksv.html

hey i found a ring with the exact same symbol...been trying to find what it means...its driving me nuts...thats how i ran acrossed u...so what does it mean????

what color stone does the ring have, I found what sounds like the same makings on a ring with a red stone, trying to figure out of the stone is real. My guess is that it is not, but still my first ring.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 32,020
Back
Top Bottom