Payback Time Today...My Best, Goodest Day Ever

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
ARA.jpg

It's finally here. I hunted for many years, sorted and removed all my gold finds, packaged them and sent them to a precious metal recycler about a month ago. I have been anxiously waiting to see how much it would be. My cheque turned out to be a whopping $9,387.80.

My Garrett metal detectors got over 90% of the gold that I sent to be turned into cash. ..... My wife, 4 kids and I held back some of the nicer jewellery, and the amount shown is what was left from all the many gold items found on land, snow and in the water.

I cashed in on my gold recently, as the price got up to over $1,400, and I figured it was time. Will it go higher? Time will tell, and it depends who you talk to.
ARA is one of the best places to send your gold items into. They give you 98% of the current spot value for gold for that particular day. Here's a link to the ARA in case you want some more information:
http://www.aragold.com/refinery-brochure.html

And...what will I buy? A Car for my lovely wifey :)

Attachments

• all gold.jpg
    all gold.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 742
That is awesome! How many years did it take?

I sell all my gold I find, and invest in silver. I have roughly 9 1/2 pounds at this time. I know gold is high, but I have made a good profit from the last 2 years of silver

Thats some nice stuff right there!
Very nice haul my friend!!!

Great job on the rings and Jewelry! I find it hard to sell any of the rings I find ( haven't sold any yet ). I have returned a few! Imagine all the sad stories behind those GREAT finds. Too bad the rings can't speak! Good for you and yours. Enjoy the rewards or our hard ( NOPE) fun hobby!

That is awesome! How many years did it take?

I sell all my gold I find, and invest in silver. I have roughly 9 1/2 pounds at this time. I know gold is high, but I have made a good profit from the last 2 years of silver

Thats some nice stuff right there!
Very nice haul my friend!!!

That's about 13 years worth. I have found about 1,000 rings so far. Now I am thinking of getting rid of the silver ones.

Cha ching

Nice paycheck! My only question is arrant some of thosecrings worth more than melt because of the stones?

HH

your the man John! Congrats, Nice size check there. I also sent in some gold to ARAGOLD last week, I should be receiving my check any day. But it will be nothing in the amount you got. :D

Yes....and some we kept, but the hours it would take to try and sell a lot of them individually, well, I'd rather be out looking for more.

I was wondering about the stones too. So, if you send it in with the stones, do they remove the stones and return them to you? Do you pry them out before you send it to them?

Congratulations on a great haul!!!
-Mike-

yes they will

yes i talked to ARD and they will for a small fee pull out all stones and mail them back to you. but one must realize that removing them from settings does diminish their value slightly, plus u never know if someone is giving you fake stones back. IMO. (my gf is calling me a pessimist rite now :/ )

and yes it would take longer to resell than to melt, but thats half the fun in my mind. nice paycheck either way.

HH

Back
Top Bottom