Wow, look what popped out..

PAdiggerTom

I was digging one of my spots today and got a decent signal. Made a big plug and a rock rolled out and I noticed it was oddly shaped. Cleared some dirt off of it and seen the groves and knew exactly what it was. An Indian Axe Head !!! Now how rare is it to have one of these roll out of your hole. The target was junk but I couldn't care less. My first Axe head I've ever found. I couldn't believe I found it like that on pure mistake and luck...be sure to check your rocks..

Attachments

• IMG_5545.jpg
    IMG_5545.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 991
  • IMG_5546.jpg
    IMG_5546.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 986
  • IMG_5547.jpg
    IMG_5547.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_5549.jpg
    IMG_5549.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_5550.jpg
    IMG_5550.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 971
Awesome score!!!

That would make my whole season right there...

Is the other item pictured what was in the hole with it?

It's could be some sort of trade item, looks old..

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Awesome score!!!

That would make my whole season right there...

Is the other item pictured what was in the hole with it?

It's could be some sort of trade item, looks old..

Congrats!

<°)))>{

No it's wasn't, that was the only decent metal find for the day,

It's yours to do with as you please but I think that has museum potential for sure !!!

That's awesome. Hunting Indian artifacts is what led me to metal detecting. Congrats!

:shock:
Something I haven't tried. Arrow-head hunting.
I have an intrest, & many good areas in my area,
other friends have found a few either by chance or actually hunting them.

Great find !:shock:

Very cool find! :grin:

Have you researched what Native Americans were settled in the region? Susquehannock or Shawnee?

WOW That is FANTASTIC!!!
I always check out rocks in my plugs, I love looking for Indian artifact so it just comes naturally ever dig I do. This happened to me only once, I found a 'core' (which is a rock that the natives would use to chip off from when making their tools.) Later I looked around and found many pieces of the rock chip debris. cool!
You should look real closely at the area, you may (should) find other remnants of artifacts. Finding artifacts takes a keen eye that takes years to get good at. Someday You may want to bring someone there if you are not familiar how to spot the subtle signs of a prehistoric village! I bet there is much more stuff there! than you could ever imagine! Good Luck!

WOW That is FANTASTIC!!!
I always check out rocks in my plugs, I love looking for Indian artifact so it just comes naturally ever dig I do. This happened to me only once, I found a 'core' (which is a rock that the natives would use to chip off from when making their tools.) Later I looked around and found many pieces of the rock chip debris. cool!
You should look real closely at the area, you may (should) find other remnants of artifacts. Finding artifacts takes a keen eye that takes years to get good at. Someday You may want to bring someone there if you are not familiar how to spot the subtle signs of a prehistoric village! I bet there is much more stuff there! than you could ever imagine! Good Luck!

Oh we already know that this place was a Indian camp site. I'm always looking on the surface for stuff and usually just find chips. There's more in there but all under ground

Congratulations! To imagine how long ago this may have been dropped there, and you are the new discoverer! That is an amazing find

I'm jealous right now! We have several spots in my area where Indians made camp and I have yet to find any goodies! My grandfather had a nose for arrow and spear heads but I have no luck! Congrats on a big find!

Back
Top Bottom