• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

OOOhhh.......Im official now, w/pics

Its a shame how that poor guy died from that flesh eating bacteria. Im might be a while before I get back in the water. I actually went down by crownwells by diamondhead. Didnt find too much though

My last time out was at Paradise Cove last weekend, the water was pretty nice there.  Brokenman, is crownwells in the area below triangle park?  I was in that area a few weeks ago and didn't find much.  I believe I read to avoid the Kahala Beach waters which is next to Diamond Head so I'm staying clear of there for now.  I think the Leeward coast beaches are the best bet right now as far as being safe entering the water.  I also think the City/State is taking a gamble by removing the warning signs at Waikiki beaches since the Ala Wai, Ala Moana and Magic Island areas still have them up - go figure? :?:

yeah Crownwell is right below triangle park. Water over there was extremely clear though. Have you heard anything about the Northside? I itchin to go....

I haven't heard anything about the north shore area except on occasion when Guy Hagi mentions the waters there are still dirty from runoff, I'll probably head on down to the leeward side this coming weekend. Between the recent rains and sewage spills, it feels like it's been forever since I've gotten a good solid day of detecting done. I'm going to double up on detecting time this coming summer to make up :yes:.

When I first started reading this thread my thought was, "You are so lucky to live in Hawaii."

But what's this,
Its a shame how that poor guy died from that flesh eating bacteria

I didn't realize the waters were so bad around there. :wow:

This is terrible news... so much for vacationing in Hawaii!

Hey Carol,

This spill is a once in a lifetime thing. We had rains that lasted for 43 days straight. Thats has never happened here before. The sewage was deliberately put into the ocean because it was backing up too fast in our main city. If they didn't dump it into the ocean, it would have been in our streets and houses. Its somewhat safe right now to get back into the water. Its only certain area's you have to watch out for. I hopefully will be getting back into the water soon. Gonna wait a month or so.

Say, did you hear about the detectorist here that may have contracted an infection in his foot from Waikiki beach? I was out at Barbers the other day and didnt even think about it. Now...I might wait a little longer before hitting the sand again.

yup, seen it last night on the news. His infection looks sick.......i smell a lawsuit against the state. Im out for a while now. I've heard the sand is more infected than the water. This really blows =(

Brokenman
WGT!! I hope to do that well over the week I'll spend in Myrtle Beach this Fourth of July. I have been wondering when those pics were gonna surface. Proud for ya and I LOVE the way ya handled the crack head!! Too bad you weren't packing!
Keep it up.
Jim

Thanks a good luck on find you treasures this weekend. For now , I have to live vicariously through you.

Back
Top Bottom