Test Results Data photo added

cdv

Elite Member
Fun today and I think all of us learned a little about the machines used today. We all had open jaws when Dew took his SOV GT with the 13" Ultimate coil over the targets.... he almost needed a step stool to swing over the targets... seriously deep but how could you dig a target that deep in the water?? Amazing setup in that machine!
CZ-21 held up pretty well and you can see the increase in depth when using Autotune and Max sensitivity.... we forgot to boost the volume which may have made its results better yet.
Both Blue Excals proved that Pinpoint is deeper, sometimes considerably.
My CTX did pretty darn good.... I know its been good to me on hunts... my 17" coil just came in today, I want a rematch with Dew's SOV sometime down the road now..... :laughing:
We also quickly tested a Excal II and an AT PRO....although we didn't record depths with these detectors, the Green Excal proved to be NOT as sensitive as the Blues and the AT PRO DID hit all targets. Most of the hits were in the 1" range or right at the surface but it did indeed hit all targets. Not sure of the coil size but it looked like a 5 x 8 (or 10), Joe Groovie Guy can add input there.

Now on to the data... dummy me made it up in an Excel Spreadsheet and the Forum won't take that file extension.... so I took a picture of it with my phone and I think it came out pretty good.... lets see how it works when posted... IF it isn't readable, maybe someone can tell me how to convert it to a file the forum will take....

Cliff

Attachments

• Test Data.jpg
    Test Data.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,045
I do have most of the testing on video.... when I get time I'll edit it and put it up for viewing....

Cliff

.... so I took a picture of it with my phone and I think it came out pretty good.... lets see how it works when posted... IF it isn't readable, maybe someone can tell me how to convert it to a file the forum will take....Cliff

:impatient: anxiously waiting! :D

I thought it was interesting that I was hitting your targets from over here. Dang man, my teenie weenie is super deep!:laughing: So, when will you "have time" to edit the video? We have been waiting. We are still waiting. So far all you said was the GT was the best with the 13" Ultimate. Man, I hate waiting! Get wit it jiggy! :lol:

Cliff, again thanks for putting it together for us,,,,,,no one was believing me that my 8" blue is super hot and beats the pants off a green any day of the week,,,,,amazing that the green would not hit that 14k band at 10",,,,telling you, if I could find another blue I would have a green for sale the same day,,,,I told you guys that SOV was WICKED deep,,,,,,I still would like to get one and WATERPROOF that puppy,,,,,,I also was surprised that your CTX does get an extra inch or so,,,,,,was a good day for sunshine and a work out swinging without many targets,,,,again, that dang bracelet you got last year was just absolutely beautiful,,,,,I wish it could have been a parting gift,,,,,,:laughing:cheers and you are welcome to come down my way and hunt whenever you like,,,,GL HH

Cliff, again thanks for putting it together for us,,,,,,no one was believing me that my 8" blue is super hot and beats the pants off a green any day of the week,,,,,amazing that the green would not hit that 14k band at 10",,,,telling you, if I could find another blue I would have a green for sale the same day,,,,I told you guys that SOV was WICKED deep,,,,,,I still would like to get one and WATERPROOF that puppy,,,,,,I also was surprised that your CTX does get an extra inch or so,,,,,,was a good day for sunshine and a work out swinging without many targets,,,,again, that dang bracelet you got last year was just absolutely beautiful,,,,,I wish it could have been a parting gift,,,,,,:laughing:cheers and you are welcome to come down my way and hunt whenever you like,,,,GL HH
Did you test your 8" blue with a 10" green? That would make a difference. My 8" green is HOT. It is deep and no other machine has found me as much gold, including my GT. Might be the coil and not the machine. The only difference other than head phones between the green and blue is shielding. The green has a shield to help with EMI. Other than that they are identical. I wish I was there to test my teenie weenie against your blue. That would be cool.

Yes very impressive that GT was.
My ATPro has the 5x8 coil set at STD Zero, sens all the way up. Like Cliff said it hit everything. My Excal II would not hit on the 14k except when it was on all metal and auto. Kind of weird.
I tried posting a short video using the youtube button on DC post but it isn't showing up. I also have a longer video 23 min.

Heading to your state in less then a week. Are you saying that I should run all metal and auto?
My ATPro has the 5x8 coil set at STD Zero, sens all the way up. Like Cliff said it hit everything. My Excal II would not hit on the 14k except when it was on all metal and auto. Kind of weird.
I tried posting a short video using the youtube button on DC post but it isn't showing up. I also have a longer video 23 min.

How much does the Sov GT weigh with the ultimate 13 coil and battery? Now I want one! :)

Can you briefly explain the numbers? I though it was depth until I see the target was buried at X depth for each test.

Heading to your state in less then a week. Are you saying that I should run all metal and auto?

He stated that is how his machine worked best on the test targets for him.....you need to test your machine on known targets to see how it reacts and which setting(s) work best for your machine and your ears. I met a guy that was on a gold dry spell of 3 months... his buddy told him how to set his excal, he hadn't changed the settings in three months. He met me at a beach testing my new CTX and I asked if he wanted to try.... after he didn't hit the target with his machine we made some adjustments and his machine then hit the target.

I really need some beach time with my Excal. I bought my Excal in the fall and was really looking forward to some beach hunting. Due to a family member spraining an ankle and having to wear a cast, she couldn't get onto the beach. It was way to cold for beach hunting by the time the cast came off so I've only tried mine in a local swimming pond a coupe of times. I'm actually heading to Florida soon for a mini vaca so I'm hoping to get some hunting time in.
He stated that is how his machine worked best on the test targets for him.....you need to test your machine on known targets to see how it reacts and which setting(s) work best for your machine and your ears. I met a guy that was on a gold dry spell of 3 months... his buddy told him how to set his excal, he hadn't changed the settings in three months. He met me at a beach testing my new CTX and I asked if he wanted to try.... after he didn't hit the target with his machine we made some adjustments and his machine then hit the target.

Hey Cliff,
Thanks for taking the time to test and posting the results.
Now that you have the 17" for the CTX I would like to see how it compares.
I have the 17" and feel it is very deep.
I know my GT with the 10x12 SEF is very deep but haven't had the time to test them against each other.
thanks again Cliff.
HH Ben

Wait, are you saying that the GT was hitting targets buried 8-10", with coil another 12-13" above the surface, for a total of 22"? :?:

I have never held my coil that high above the surface other than to check for aluminum can, but I don't think I can hear a similar gold band at 8-10 with coil on the sand. I maybe can hear it if I know the target is there for testing but under natural swinging/walking conditions no.

Possibly difference between slightly mineralized ocean side sand vs. bay side?

Did you test your 8" blue with a 10" green? That would make a difference. My 8" green is HOT. It is deep and no other machine has found me as much gold, including my GT. Might be the coil and not the machine. The only difference other than head phones between the green and blue is shielding. The green has a shield to help with EMI. Other than that they are identical. I wish I was there to test my teenie weenie against your blue. That would be cool.

Greg, yes, the green 8" could not hit the 14k band at 10" no matter what we did,,,,,I also could have gave the blue more sens but just is not reality if you are in the water,,,,I really think the BBS coil makes a difference plus the blue just runs smoother,,,,I have both, a green 10" coil and the blue 8",,,,,it just is what it is,,,,,I have to say I was surprised,,,,,also was surprised that all machines had trouble hitting that 14k band at 10",,,,I think some of the measurements may be off some and black sand may have been a factor giving the GT and ATX signals that were just black sand,,,,,larger coils will take more time to process the info. and Dew and I disagree that sensitivity is not depth, Dew thinks it is and I do not,,,,,bottom line,,,,the GT is the deepest machine out of them all and the CTX does actually get another inch or so than the excal,,,,it gave clear tones that was definitely not black sand,,,learning experience for all,,,,for me personally, I could see how much more depth I really get in PP

That is why they discontinued it.. so there would be targets for the others to find. :laughing:

Was not shocking to me about the amazing depth of the GT,,,,,I already saw it with a very deep pull tab when Dew and I hunted a couple weeks ago,,,,I still want to get one and water proof it,,,,,I think if you did, it would have the advantage over all the machines,,,just a shame ML discontinued such a great machine,,,,what really was the most shocking part of the whole thing that your 8" would not get that 14k band at 10",,,the other shocking part was your ATpro really holds it own,,,,IF you are fresh water hunting,,,,nice meeting you today,,,,

I am not sure what band you guys used but at 11" my teenie weenie sounded good on a narrow 14K band. I assume it was the same band Cliff brought to the test, narrow 14K about 3 grams or so. In PP mode mine was strong. In disc it sounded good but without overlapping my coil swings I might have missed it. Another hunter with us took his blue back to the car. His did not make a peep. Maybe there are differences in machines that are not inherent. Meaning some are hotter than others. I think a lot of variables exist but after seeing Dew's results I think a lot of people are now searching for a new GT coil. :laughing: I already did, not many available. :laughing:

So wait, Craig was right about the Sovereign all along?! :lol: Glad I picked one up...

You can tell that you have very light mineralization, since the GT beat the PI... that doesn't happen around here. Last time I used the Sovereign with 12x15 SEF I had to lower the sensitivity to 4 oclock (almost min sens...) to get it stable...

Back
Top Bottom