This ring, a first for me? (England)

Doug

Elite Member
I'm moving rapidly towards the last of the arable fields I'm able to search before they are seeded with maize.

I have back up fields which are grass but the lack of rain will make the ground very difficult to dig.....but I will try!

The ring as been reported to the appropriate authorities so this means the ring will now start its journey through the legal system. (ring over 300 years old and precious metal)

Thanks for looking............Doug.

Ring just out of the ground.

Silver gilt Post Medieval finger ring AD1550-1650.

Lead tobacco jar lid top left. Lead pot-mend top right.

Roman coins 2nd -4th century.

Big silver coin.

key hole escutcheon.

DANG! That is so freaking cool! AWESOME FIND! Love that ring.

Made me think of the Detectorists show, though. LOL Those guys crack me up. :)

Happy hunting, and congrats on the awesome discovery! Hope it's worth a mint. :)

What stories a ring like that could tell. I hope it comes back your way. Congrats!

As usual :jawdrop:

Do you collect these finds or sell them?
If you collect you must have some kind of museum!!

Very nice. Love the fact that you can get stuff from a 1000 year spread of time. Great job, love your posts.

DANG! That is so freaking cool! AWESOME FIND! Love that ring.

Made me think of the Detectorists show, though. LOL Those guys crack me up. :)

Happy hunting, and congrats on the awesome discovery! Hope it's worth a mint. :)

Thank you.

Will be watching to see how the investigation on the ring goes my friend!

Thank you Ron.

The ring now been officially recorded within the 14 day period as required by law with the PAS officer and will be handed over in May to her.(PAS = Portable Antiques Scheme.)

Anything between 18 to 24 months from start to finish to complete the Treasure process. (England & Wales only)

Very nice!!! :yes: big congrats!

Thank you.

Cool. Key hole !! Love your posts.

Thank you.

Simply awesome Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Mike.

What stories a ring like that could tell. I hope it comes back your way. Congrats!

Thank you, I doubt if the ring will be returned to me/landowner reason being that there is only 2 showing on the PAS data base so it should be purchased by the local museum I would think.

As usual :jawdrop:

Do you collect these finds or sell them?
If you collect you must have some kind of museum!!

Most of the finds are handed back to the landowner(s) some are donated to the museum, some are purchased by the museum, see a previous post but in all honesty some are just put through the metal recycling program and the £/$'s donated to the local hospice.

Very nice. Love the fact that you can get stuff from a 1000 year spread of time. Great job, love your posts.

Thank you. I live in a very historical part of England but a lot of the fields are not so giving in the historical finds in other parts of England.

Amazing find! Congrats!

Thank you.

Wow you have some nice old ground the hunt love the ring

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Great find Doug...:yes:

Thank you Chris.

Nice ring.
Personally, I would not have reported it to the authorities.

Thank you.

I have a legal obligation to report the find, at my time of life I have no wish to try prison food.

Back
Top Bottom