• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

One hobby pays for the other

zeemang

Forum Supporter
I sold some gold, silver and tokens from detecting to buy my newest air rifle. It is a Kral puncher breaker in 22 cal. Picked it up this afternoon, got my scope mounted up and sighted it in, VERY HAPPY with the performance so far. I had been mounting my targets on 5/8 inch plywood and this thing makes nice clean holes right through that on half power!

Attachments

• 20180612_192659.jpg
    20180612_192659.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 277
I sold some gold, silver and tokens from detecting to buy my newest air rifle. It is a Kral puncher breaker in 22 cal. Picked it up this afternoon, got my scope mounted up and sighted it in, VERY HAPPY with the performance so far. I had been mounting my targets on 5/8 inch plywood and this thing makes nice clean holes right through that on half power!

Very nice! I've always wanted a PCP. Do you have your own air pump?

Rock on Zeemang! I shoot german springers myself. Just a plinker but I love'm. Enjoy the new toy man,..

No air pump, bought a used scuba tank for about 130 bucks that was still certified, and filling a scuba tank here within 10 blocks of my house is like 4 bucks, so lots of fun for little $$$...

Nice bullpup! How is the trigger? that has always been the nemesis of bullpups due to trigger linkage. Some are getting pretty good these days though. Might be completely different with air guns. I've been eyeballing the PCP for a while. I work at a gun shop and many of my customers have told me about their PCPs that they hunt deer with. I just want one for plinking and small varmints up to woodchuck size. 22 or 25 cal max for me.

That’s one sweet rifle there Z. Looks like a ton of fun. Any regulation down there on those? I’m guessing not :)

I may have to look into one of those some day. How’s the noise?

Steve77, trigger is heavy, but a nice two stage trigger, pretty crisp, you know when it will fire.
GroundSweeper, it's not super quiet, but not nearly as loud as a 22 rimfire. No regulations on guns like this here, firearms are pretty regulated, lots of hoops to jump through to get a permit but it is possible. From the people I have been talking to it seems many folks here are getting away from powder burners because of expense and just general bs if you are ever questioned by authorities. Most people who hunt here go for small game, and a nice pcp rifle will cover all those very well.
The shop I go to hear has been very helpful and really connected me with a community of enthusiasts, there are competitions almost every week, I just need a bit more time behind the scope before I get involved with that...

Nice gun Z. You will get dozens of fills out of a scuba tank. I see iguana on the menu in your future. What pellets did you order with the gun? My hobby paid for my air rifles also. It doesn't get any better than that.:D

Most people don't realize how long air rifles have been around. Louis and Clark took one with them when they explored the new Louisiana Territory. It was a large caliber that they used for hunting.

Most people don't realize how long air rifles have been around. Louis and Clark took one with them when they explored the new Louisiana Territory. It was a large caliber that they used for hunting.

Most people also don't realize how advanced and powerful air rifles have become over the last 10-12 years. There are air rifles that are as powerful as a 357 magnum.

I saw that rifle at the Cody museum in Cody, WY. Home of the Winchester collection too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now I only use it for poking holes in paper :lol::lol::lol:
I may compete a little bit down the line and do not rule out doing some light hunting...

Most people also don't realize how advanced and powerful air rifles have become over the last 10-12 years. There are air rifles that are as powerful as a 357 magnum.

Yeah one a friend had he told me to sight it in on an outdoor sink. Well it went through the front door, blew the drain off and went out the back and kept going:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom