Doane gang treasure in bucks county

Like to join you drop me a line knightrider57@verizon ...bucks county here too

:grin:
My Gf is from bucks county and spend enough time there as it is. I love Ralph stover park, its scenic, has a awsome stream and is all around a fun time. Now i love it more, supposably somewhere on its property is 100K in gold coins buried by this gang in the 1700's. Im researching it now. If anyone is from the area and would like to come along for the hunt id be happy to have some company! and yes we would split it, thats like a billion dollars in todays economy :shock:

Doan Gang Treasure

What leads you to Stover park? and where did you get the info about gold coins.
They stole and sold horses to the British, they robbed people, they robbed tax collectors, but I never read anything that was specific about gold coins.

The Doan Gang all killed or captured

This isn't true two escaped and one more were pardoned after the Revolution. If any of these three individuals knew where the treasure was buried it would make sense they'd go back and retrieve it. There were five brothers in the gang and one cousin along with an unknown number of non related members.One was killed, and two were hung leaving at least four of the original gang alive.

lets see, of the Doan gang 1 was shot, 2 were hung, 2 escaped, 1 was pardoned
plus a few unaccounted for. if any knew of a buried treasure chances are they wouldn't leave it there to rot.

Living in Bordentown most of my life, this was a great read. This area is a hot trove of colonial artifacts. As soon as my MD comes in next week...I am going to start hitting all the spots on the jersey side where I know a few colonial buildings once stood. But might wait 'till fall...hate TICKS! Their just tiny bundles of nasty stuff.

Doane Gang Treasure

Not all the Doane gang died, one escaped and 2 were pardoned. If those three knew of hidden loot what do you think they did once freed?

Doan Gang

Good hunting but watch out for ticks. There's a new tick virus that goes straight to the brain here in Eastern PA.

My Gf is from bucks county and spend enough time there as it is. I love Ralph stover park, its scenic, has a awsome stream and is all around a fun time. Now i love it more, supposably somewhere on its property is 100K in gold coins buried by this gang in the 1700's. Im researching it now. If anyone is from the area and would like to come along for the hunt id be happy to have some company! and yes we would split it, thats like a billion dollars in todays economy :shock:

I'm an historian and genealogist who specializes in the colonial and Revolutionary War-era history of the Delaware Valley. I've never heard of any such gang. May I ask what inspired your belief? If it's true, I'd like to get in on the action. I'm just across the river...lol

During the Revolutionary war, people often buried their valuables to protect them from looting British Regulars, German Mercenaries and Provincial Loyalists. For various reason, many of these caches were never reclaimed. So there definitely are treasures to be found. But 100k in gold coins? Unlikely. Is this 100k USD 2021, or Pound Sterling 1778?

There certainly were gangs of loyalist criminals during the Rev War, such as the infamous Pine Robbers of New Jersey, but they didn't often bury their ill-gotten gain. They usually spent it on rum and women of easy virtue.

Some of my relatives were amongst the most notorious villains of New Jersey during the Revolutionary War. No book of New Jersey history is written without mentioning them. I know about these things. ;)

Regards,
Open-minded but skeptical.

JD

Doan Gang

Looked into the Doan gang years ago. the down side of looking for their lost loot
is that they didn't all die, some escaped, some were pardoned and others were never caught. with so many members wandering around I'd be certain quite a few remembered where they stashed their loot. And the cave where they supposedly stashed their loot, someone told me it's got a concrete floor now. so even it it did have a treasure good luck

oh but here's a tip: German settlers buried coins in the 4 cardinal directions around their homes N,S,E, & W as well as in the wall over their front door as good luck, like the horse shoe over the front door custom.

Back
Top Bottom