A little Brass, a little lead, and a Huge Arrowhead

61chip

Elite Member
MoBob and I hit Camp Buck n Ball again yesterday for a cold, windy dig. Glad we did because this will be our last hunt of the year. Snow on the ground today and single digit temps on the horizon. We had another great day at this site. Bob found a 1 piece button -- the only button found at this camp. Strange considering the amount of lead dug here. Now over 700 pieces of lead. We both got Minnie's, roundballs and camp lead. I also found a led or pewter cap to something. It's marked, but I can only make out " & Co." on it. Any ID help would be appreciate. My bonus find on the way out was this huge arrowhead or spear head! Beautiful red color and my nicest point find. Thanks for looking, HH, and Merry Christmas to all.

Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_2576.jpg
    IMG_2576.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_2573.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 681
Hey buddy glad we decided to hit that old camp to close out this season after waking up this morning to the freezing temps and our first snow. We will get back at it come spring.. Merry Christmas bud

Hey buddy glad we decided to hit that old camp to close out this season after waking up this morning to the freezing temps and our first snow. We will get back at it come spring.. Merry Christmas bud

Glad we got out too bud. The deep freeze is setting in. Come on spring! Merry Christmas to you too!

Not an arrowhead. Would never fly, at least not far. This is either a knife or a spear point. Good find.

Cool finds......:yes: (I believe that cap is off an old Colgate toothpaste tube. I have one just like it laying around here somewhere)

Congrats on a great hunt.. Is that a fossil on the side of the point?

Cool finds buddy.

Thanks buddy!

Not an arrowhead. Would never fly, at least not far. This is either a knife or a spear point. Good find.

Hey thanks for the info! I'm not very well versed in points. Its a big one, but fairly thin for its size

Cool finds......:yes: (I believe that cap is off an old Colgate toothpaste tube. I have one just like it laying around here somewhere)

Thanks, CT. Odd find for the area, but you never know what you'll dig

X2 on the spear point, arrow points are smaller, otherwise they will not fly far, and lose velocity too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom