• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Carrot PP question...

SittingElf

I received my Carrot AT yesterday and put it to work testing some quick digs. Awesome in the hole!
Question though. It intermittently started giving three beeps while sitting on the ground away from any metal. This would repeat regularly. Just three short beeps, all at the same frequency.
Can't find any info in the manual regarding what that means. Anyone know? It doesn't seem to be the low-battery signal, which is described in the instructions, and the battery is new.

How long do you leave it on without using it? I know they beep after a few minutes if not been used in case you lost it somewhere.

How long do you leave it on without using it? I know they beep after a few minutes if not been used in case you lost it somewhere.

I don't think it's that. Chirps long before the five minutes that the manual says it starts at.
I just tested it in the house, and it took five minutes before it chirped. I'll further test today to see if it continues, and if I don't get someone here who may know what's causing it, I guess I'll talk to Garrett on Monday.

Like the others have said, I think that it is the alarm to tell you that it is still on, or to help you locate it, if you happen to have left it on when you lost it. I havent ever heard the alarm on mine. I turn it off and on between recoveries. If I do happen to put it back in my pocket before I turned it off, it always beeps due to being close to my cell phone that I keep in a lower pocket. If the alarm beeps are going off before the 5 minute mark, it may need to be serviced.

I think it's normal when it has been set aside, I know I hear it on mine sometimes when trying to get out a tricky target, usually under a tree root or something and I don't remember too many that have taken 5 minutes to locate.

Back
Top Bottom