Do you do this for a living ?

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
That's what a little boy asked me the other day. He thought I was making my way by detecting I guess.
I said no, I'm just having fun finding coins. But to think of it I am doing it to be living maybe.
I get out in the open air - get away from any troubles - get a lot of good exercise - have a lot of fun - meet a lot of people along the way - expand my mind by looking up what I have found to learn about them - helping others along the way by showing how it works or finding lost things for them.

And at the end of the day I am tired, sleep well, am rewarded by my hunt - what could be better ?
So maybe I am doing this for living - Steve in so az

Nobody ever asks me anything. Maybe that's due to my speaking softly and carrying a big stick. :lol::lol::lol: HH everyone.

Attachments

• Rotation of sovereign gt.jpg
    Rotation of sovereign gt.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 553
Wonderful post Steve. I think the thing that sticks in my mind the most in the many years I have been detecting is, one day I was out detecting and in the distance there were a few young kids and I heard one of them say "what is he doing" and one of the others answered "he is looking for money, he must be poor".

Had a kid ask me the same thing two weeks ago as I detected an old home here. I said "No, but I would love to be able to." He said "so would I." Think we have a future detectorist on our hands...:lol:

Great post Steve!! My opinion is that this particular hobby has many redeeming benefits for us. The rewards coming in several ways: humanitarian, our physical bodies, our minds, our hearts, our souls, and our pockets. What could be better than that?

Gemmy

Great post Steve!! My opinion is that this particular hobby has many redeeming benefits for us. The rewards coming in several ways: humanitarian, our physical bodies, our minds, our hearts, our souls, and our pockets. What could be better than that?

Gemmy

Took the words right out of my mouth.:hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom