Bottles & Marbles Anyone?

goldpaninut

A few days back my son Jason had his metal detector out and found some old tin cans. He started digging and unearthed these 3 pharmacy bottles. He lives in the gold rush country of Northern California and is quite proud of these bottles! He also dug up these old marbles with the bottles, and the 4 pictured separately are magnetic, they are clinging together in this picture! Does anyone know the best way he can sell some of them?

Attachments

• IMG_8486.jpg
    IMG_8486.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_8487.jpg
    IMG_8487.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_8488.jpg
    IMG_8488.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_8480.jpg
    IMG_8480.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 252
  • 53195383_10219365059183279_2565421014288695296_n.jpg
    53195383_10219365059183279_2565421014288695296_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
From MY experience, druggist bottles such as yours are of interest to those either into local history or bottle collectors of same. Generally, bottles (and other items) with local companies/cities on them are worth the most in the area they are from (due to the local history angle). Those are the people that would most be interested in your bottles.

Last edited:
Even though they may be well over 100 years old, they are very common, I have seen them listed for a buck or two a piece. Every town or village had there own local druggist/bottles.

A bottle show would be your best bet to sell.
Craigslist would be second best, and the easiest.

Those are all very nice looking pharmacy bottles, and being from a small town in CA, they may actually be of high interest to local collectors and could bring quite a bit. I would see if there's a local bottle club in the area that the bottles came from that you could email for information on these...they could bring quite a bit on eBay. Apparently that was a gold rush town. I don't see any pharmacy bottles from that area on eBay (which could be a good sign, meaning rare), but some other bottles from that town have sold pretty well:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ottle+mokelumne&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Good luck with them, and you and him should go back to that site together and find some more. If there were three, there's probably more!

Those are great bottles and I think given how other bottles from that town sell, probably worth finding local collectors. If you aren’t interested in eBay, you could go to Facebook. There are lots of bottle collector groups

As for marbles, I don’t know much about them but you could post those on sites that have marbles forums. The antique bottles site has a marbles forum.

I'll say it again, those marbles are beautiful.

R5

Back
Top Bottom