NEW - White's waterproof TDI !

DaviDs

Forum Supporter

Attachments

• TDI.jpg
    TDI.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 750
Its listed on their site...Waterproof to 25ft. One day I'd like to try a PI unit...

Great attitude! :D I think everyone should try one, heck, own one as a specialty tool. Working the surf, going to remote locations, hunting in severely sanded in conditions or at relic sites <-- these are the typical places a PI is your best friend.

Great attitude! :D I think everyone should try one, heck, own one as a specialty tool. Working the surf, going to remote locations, hunting in severely sanded in conditions or at relic sites <-- these are the typical places a PI is your best friend.

Thats exactly why I want to try it out. I run my excal primarily but over the years I have found different needs depending on condition and location. Different detectors come in handy and this is just another tool to help find those deep targets.
Of course the bills gotta get paid but I know there are a few folks that build them from scratch so that could be a nice alternative to start since I am able to do that provided I get a kit of some kind.

Either way that waterproof PI looks cool...seems like they went with the clam shell waterproof Plano type box.

Thats exactly why I want to try it out. I run my excal primarily but over the years I have found different needs depending on condition and location. Different detectors come in handy and this is just another tool to help find those deep targets.
Of course the bills gotta get paid but I know there are a few folks that build them from scratch so that could be a nice alternative to start since I am able to do that provided I get a kit of some kind.

Either way that waterproof PI looks cool...seems like they went with the clam shell waterproof Plano type box.

Whites plano box is a nice setup. Being clear, you can see and potentially catch leaks and corrosion while they are only a maintenance issue.

I have the original big box TDI with the Lithium Ion battery. I've used it at the beach on wet sand with the GB off and it is deep. I bag it with a 2 gallon Ziploc bag to keep the salt spray off of it. I note that the heat generated in the box is high and I half open the bag to let the heat out.

This new waterproof TDI is using NiMh batteries probably to beat the heat problem.

Depth is important but I live close enough to the beach to wait for some erosion and a couple of inches of sand movement from day to day is more important than this detector or that detector.

It's interesting that they waited this long to waterproof the TDI. Maybe the new Fisher Manta got their attention?

Hmmmm, just checked the whites's web site, it's not on there......Don't tease me bro!

We've heard rumors years back white's trying to waterproof the TDI with not much success. White's Told Me 2 years ago, The Heat that it generally caused too much condensation. If I'm not mistaking the voltage was just over 14. I suspect this is the TDI SL waterproof which is deeper than the Dual Field which in turn will eventually be my backup.

Now .......you have to ask yourself did Whites feel the need to do this because of the new Fisher PI coming? My money is on the Fisher machine because Carl ...... who now works for Fisher instead of Whites wanted to redo the TDI and make it a waterproof disc machine. If all they did was make it waterproof....... then id say Fisher knows that machine and knows what they have to produce. Im guessing they are just starting the field trial of the Manta.... so likely March on the machine.

It's interesting that they waited this long to waterproof the TDI. Maybe the new Fisher Manta got their attention?
Now .......you have to ask yourself did Whites feel the need to do this because of the new Fisher PI coming?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. White's is probably trying to cash in while they can still get cash for a non-disc pi.

The only remote locations I have been to is my couch!

Cool Thnx for the link DaviDs, for some reason it wasn't working earlier...Well looks like it's time for me to start allocating some money towards either this Waterproof TDI or the upcoming Manta :yes:

I have the original big box TDI with the Lithium Ion battery. I've used it at the beach on wet sand with the GB off and it is deep. I bag it with a 2 gallon Ziploc bag to keep the salt spray off of it. I note that the heat generated in the box is high and I half open the bag to let the heat out.

This new waterproof TDI is using NiMh batteries probably to beat the heat problem.

Depth is important but I live close enough to the beach to wait for some erosion and a couple of inches of sand movement from day to day is more important than this detector or that detector.

GB off and its deep? I walk funny the next day after using the tdi pro

Fisher didnt have a PI for water that i know of now that they did away with the Finny. Whites has the DF..... now the TDI. Fisher and most companies have to get rid of those huge boxes...... its time for a digital PI. The Fisher will be analog...... this time. Isnt it about time ML jumped on the PI band wagon? I mean they make some of the top gold machines and water machines.

I had a DF for a summer. It was deep. I hated it. That thing made me miserable. If tiny tacks were worth money, then it would have been great.
I am sure they have useful areas, but all the places I hang, I need discrimination.

So what does the TDI have on the DF other than a rechargeable battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom