Garrett AT Pro Problems

Osubottleman

Ive have my AT Pro for 4 months or so and it has always worked fine.Today i was out and started to do the manual ground balancing and it went crazy.You hear a rapid fire sound and it wouldnt do anything else.Anyone else heard of this.

Not trying to patronize you (when troubleshooting you gotta start simple), is the coil cable securely screwed into the machine? Maybe try unscrewing the cable, turn on the AT Pro, turn it off, and then re-attach the coil cable.

Did everything you told me to do Same fisher.Nothing still getting that rapid sound. How do you do a full reset

I havent sent in my warranty card yet will i have to do that first before they work with me,

My GTI used to do that when the batteries lost contact and sometimes it would take a few resets to unlock it.

Mine only did that when I wud ground balance over a high iron area in the ground, try moving to a neutral spot and turning sensitivity down a lil ?

Mine only did that when I wud ground balance over a high iron area in the ground, try moving to a neutral spot and turning sensitivity down a lil ?

I agree!! I had the same thing happen to me & it was just the area I was in, I didn't even ground balance mine, I just turned it on & it was doing what you described, who knows the cause underground power line, ground conditions, etc.. hard to tell.. Also changing the frequency will help calm it down some in those unstable areas.. And like stated, turning the sens way down will also do away with the chatter..

Mine did that also, when I had my other detector on and near it. Changed freq. and it calmed right down. Sounds like some type of interference?

Garret At Pro International

I have had the exact same issue. Very strange. Never seems to happen for any specific reason and then it just stops doing it.

AT

AT`s dont like cell towers or overhead power lines.
Mine would go crazy every once in while, then got worse and worse.. (the VDI wouldent stop between 20-80) just keep falsing/bouncing I finally sent in control box. When it came back it worked fine again. :D

Cell phone

Do you have your cell phone on you when you detect??
I turn the wifi off on mine or turn it off completely.

Back
Top Bottom