Hunted the pounded park with markinswpa! Seated/Merc/Rosie dime trifecta and nickels galore!

Waveoff

Elite Member
I had the pleasure of finally meeting up with fellow member markinswpa today for a hunt at the pounded park. We started on a deer doo doo covered hillside that had fresh, sloppy plugs everywhere. Whoever recently detected it missed A LOT! We immediately started popping coins. I found a Merc and a Rosie early in our detecting session along with a 1910 V and a buffalo. Nickels were plentiful all day long. I dug 20 nickels total today...3 of which were buffaloes and 1 V. Mark got on the board with some silver soon after. My buddy Tyler came and joined us for about an hour. Soon after he showed up I dug the seated dime to score the dime trifecta!

At one point, the local park detecting bully decided to stop and harrass me again. I guess he cried to someone at the park about my friend having permission to detect the public golf course there and got my buddy's permission revoked. He claims someone was digging up the greens and leaving sloppy plugs. More than likely it was his detecting pals who did it or he was making up lies because he was butt hurt that my buddy got a sweet permission that he thinks is all his. Speaking of which, some of his buddies were detecting about 100 yards away from us and he was over there being all chummy with them. I'm sure he's cooking up a way to get anyone who isn't part of his detecting clique banned from the public park. So if any of you find yourself in a public park in Pittsburgh, and a guy named Wayne rolls up on you in his gray Dodge Ram giving you grief, tell him to shove it!

And now for the pictures of today's finds...

I'm not sure what the tags are for in the last two pics. They were found together in the same hole with a key.

geObbtF.jpg

pWcBooI.jpg

8gkDm2h.jpg

kUcWCXe.jpg

wNU263m.jpg

MONjcFR.jpg

3FZznoZ.jpg

Yea .. Wayne go shove off ...😝 .. I’m only 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh don’t make me ride there and show you proper metal detecting etiquette..lol

What ? An east coast post with no Large Cents, Colonial coppers, or busts ? Only boring seateds and IH's ? Sheesk, we're bored ! :laughing:

I think that the tags were from a locker key...I found a bunch at a ski resort I detected last year...there may have been a set of "pay to use" lockers there at one point

Thanks for the invite Fred, you definitely killed it yesterday. I just wished that Wayne had stopped back so you could show him all he and his friends had missed. I'm not one for rubbing it in but he needs it. I had a great time, a good hunt and look forward to meeting up again soon. HH Mark

I need a pounded park like that!!!!! Great finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Never hunted out!

Awesome day! That's a hunt I dream about. Congrats.

Thank you! I wish my hunts were always this productive!

Nice! Wish we had pounded parks like that here -

Thank you!

That's some nice hunting there, Congrats on the trifecta and all the rest!

Thank you! Anytime can pull at least one silver coin I'm happy!

Yea .. Wayne go shove off ...😝 .. I’m only 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh don’t make me ride there and show you proper metal detecting etiquette..lol

You should make the drive! I'll give you my silver for the day to show Wayne some etiquette.:lol:

What ? An east coast post with no Large Cents, Colonial coppers, or busts ? Only boring seateds and IH's ? Sheesk, we're bored ! :laughing:

Thank Tom!:lol: I essentially got skunked if you go by East Coast standards!:D

Wow guy sounds like a real D bag lol keep hitting it, place is clearly loaded with goodies, congrats!

Thank you! He is indeed a big time D bag. His demeanor has made me all the more motivated to hit "his" spot.

Congrats on all the great finds !

Thank you!

Whoa!!! a good day to say the least!!! KOOL finds!!!

Thank you! These type of hunts don't happen often.

I think that the tags were from a locker key...I found a bunch at a ski resort I detected last year...there may have been a set of "pay to use" lockers there at one point

Thank you for the info! That makes sense for this park we were at.

Congrats on the nickels, dimes and cents and everything else! Now that is one fine hunt!

Thank you JAK! It was a blast digging so many good targets one after another.

Thanks for the invite Fred, you definitely killed it yesterday. I just wished that Wayne had stopped back so you could show him all he and his friends had missed. I'm not one for rubbing it in but he needs it. I had a great time, a good hunt and look forward to meeting up again soon. HH Mark

Thanks for coming out Mark! It was nice meeting you and hunting with you. We'll definitely have to meet up again and try some other spots. I'm bringing my son's GoPro next time to video any encounters with Wayne. And then I'll post it on my YouTube channel as a video reply to his videos. I thought about showing him my finds next time but I'll just let him keep thinking he and his pals got it all. If he sees us finding good stuff he'll do what he can to protect "his" hunting grounds. Word on the street today is that he purposely made some sloppy plugs on the greens and went to the golf course manager to say is was my buddy...which resulted in the manager yanking my buddy's permission.

They're still out there and holding great finds!

AMAZING HUNT in one of my favorite cities! Congratulations

Thanks! Hit me up if you're ever back in town and we can go find some old goodies!:yes:

An amazing outing Fred. Congrats on both the trifectas, the Silver Dimes and also the Nickles. Indians, Wheat's and a lot more make for a very rewarding hunt. It's even better when its shared with a friend. I'm sure you will remember this one for a very long time. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom