F75 ltd

pRS317

Hi all. I'm new to the game and am getting into it as something cool to do with my daughter. After doing a decent amount of research, I bought an F75 Ltd second hand for a really good price, but it didn't come with the larger stock coil. It came with the 5" DD, a NEL Hunter 12.5x8.5, and a 13" Fisher Ultimate DD. I'm sure they're all good coils, but I'm used to starting out with stock to get a feel for things before upgrading and am wondering if there's any good reason to pursue getting the larger stock one (e.g., easier to learn with, better matched with the machine).

As a side bit of curiosity, I'm wondering about the faceplate. Most of what I've seen online has an "F" with wings and "Fisher Labs" in small print, while mine has a large "Fisher" with a smaller "Research Labs" written out. I'm guessing mine is newer since the serial number is 0517, but I found it a bit odd that the picture on the box has the "F" with wings (the serial numbers on the machine and box match). I'm guessing the faceplate switch was right around 2016, since their catalog has a faceplate like mine. Not a big thing...it just seemed odd and I was curious.

Anyway, looking forward to learning the machine and getting together with some locals at some point!

You have all the coils you need for now except maybe a concentric which some love for several reasons but think about that for the future, especially good for jewelry hunting, great for coin hunting and for iron work.
I have a 10" elliptical concentric and I will never get rid of it.

That Hunter coil is, IMO, an upgrade to the standard coil that came with it, an 11" DD, and should work as well if not better and probably be more stable and quieter because they added more shielding than Fisher ever did.
The Nels match up perfectly to and work on Fishers not only as well but a bit better than the factory version.
The standard Fisher 11" DD will NOT be an upgrade, easier to learn on, better matched or have any advantage over that Nel so don't bother.
If you were thinking about getting the Fisher 15" coil keep in mind they are super heavy, expensive and not very well liked and ignored by most Fisher owners.
Several people have them, they gave these things away in previous Christmas F75 packages and reports from owners were not usually kind.
The Ultimate is a better coil.

BTW...That Ultimate is a Detech coil, made for but not made by Fisher.
There are many Detech fans out there.

That 5" DD is deep, (shockingly deep), and a must have for hunting iron or trash infested sites.
Also probably the best one to learn on, again, IMO.
Easier to zero in on targets, get the hang of pinpointing, deal with masking and will help you learn that F75 quicker than using the bigger coils.

Sniper coils are usually mounted on my detectors more often than not and my 5" DD has found me a ton including several bucket listers.

Whoever you bought this thing from was interested in looking for deep targets and covering large areas and knew what he was doing when he assembled this arsenal of coils.

Last edited:
That sounds like solid info...thanks for putting my mind at ease! I was going to start with the mid-sized coil, but it makes a lot more sense to start with the little one...especially since I'll be starting off at my house, which is quite old and is likely littered with junk. And I think your right about the guy knowing his stuff, since it also came with dust/rain covers and a carbon fiber shaft, so he was prepping to do some work.

I use the F75's little brother, the F70, with a Hunter coil and Digger is right on the mark. You're very well-equipped with coils for the foreseeable future.

Everything D 27

Said, congrats , your daughter has a nice machine, no other coils really needed, the 5dd is great on sidewalk strip's and school yards 9- 10 inch dimes all day long, a garrett carrot , a Sampson 31 t serrated, a finds bag , and head phones is all she will need , happy hunting , Earl

You'll notice a significant difference with that 5 inch on target separation,...a big difference. It's awesome around edges of old foundations or existing structures and as digger said heavy iron...its the reason I bought it.

X2 on the depth,..don't underestimate it....it's just an awesome coil and flat fun to use.

,...and yep digger is the man on these machines,...he helped me out a great deal.

HH-Aaron

...and have patience...there are a lot of options and settings on the thing to learn and get used to. I would personally suggest leaving the all-metal mode alone to start out with, harder to learn. I run the NEL sharpshooter on mine a lot and have no complaints; matches up just fine and pinpoints perfectly.

Nel Hunter coil vs stock. I got one for my LTD and hunt farm land most of the time. The Hunter coil gives me a can't gb error. I tried it in several fields.

Back
Top Bottom