Coin Beach #1 & 2

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Set out this morning for a low tide hunt at coin beach , got to the place owned by the state park & found that they now charge 5.00 in state , 10.00 out of state :shock: , didn't have cash on me , so turned around to go to an ATM , of coarse when usually the ATM gives you some 5 dollar bills , not today :lol: , then hit royal farm , bought a breakfast sandwich to get 5.00 bills , & headed back , had some 12 footers their , 2-3 foot cuts , beach erosion getting close to the bridge , I saw dunes getting swallowed and- the last 150 yards unable to hunt as there was no beach left , just pounded dunes , had fun , but was hard hunting the cut, and all the fresh sand that moved in was like quick sand , hard walking , I set out not looking for gold , but English half pennies , well it didn't turn out in my favor today :( , 5.00 to park , found 2.00 in change , = 3.00 in the hole :pullhair::facepalm: , got back home & felt like someone beat me up with a baseball bat , happy hunting .

Attachments

• P1010400.jpg
    P1010400.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:
Well, at least you had the opportunity to do something you enjoy! You can look at it this way, $3.00 isn't a bad price tag for a fun activity (it's better than $40 for a round of golf ;)). :waytogo:

See those sinkers Earl? Those could've just as easily been gold rings. I can't tell you how many times I've headed out knowing I am not going to find gold (much like yesterday) and had been pleasantly surprised. Good to see you got out!

Wow, a Corona bottle cap. I'm jealous ! I've never found a bottle cap before :jester:

Who said the hobby wouldnt be a workout? Having fun is always the best part! What are those 4 dark objects at the top?

Good to see you out Earl, always Tuesday. Good Luck!

Set out this morning for a low tide hunt at coin beach , got to the place owned by the state park & found that they now charge 5.00 in state , 10.00 out of state :shock: , didn't have cash on me , so turned around to go to an ATM , of coarse when usually the ATM gives you some 5 dollar bills , not today :lol: , then hit royal farm , bought a breakfast sandwich to get 5.00 bills , & headed back , had some 12 footers their , 2-3 foot cuts , beach erosion getting close to the bridge , I saw dunes getting swallowed and- the last 150 yards unable to hunt as there was no beach left , just pounded dunes , had fun , but was hard hunting the cut, and all the fresh sand that moved in was like quick sand , hard walking , I set out not looking for gold , but English half pennies , well it didn't turn out in my favor today :( , 5.00 to park , found 2.00 in change , = 3.00 in the hole :pullhair::facepalm: , got back home & felt like someone beat me up with a baseball bat , happy hunting .

Wow, that is more lead than I pull in a whole year! I know the feeling of fees. Pulled up to one of my favorite fishing spots this fall and the state added "recreation pass" required. Now I need this special $12 @$%$&%@$ permit. Just not right.

I'm jealous of your tent spike.. I never find those...:yes:

Why didn't you hunt where the area was wiped out?

At least you have hunted more than me this year :lol:

Tom. , this beach is more of a fishing & Surfing beach , not a depositor beach , you can fish from your vehicle with a permit , as long as your fishing , the reason Compass I found that old clad was beach erosion, wind pushing water in with minor flooding , Tom.those Corona caps are plentiful in Oc , on this beach I clean up the beach , however it's loaded with iron ,samples of that iron are in the pick, on my bucket list.was English half pennies , as the last storm a guy found one 25 yards in front of me , he showed it to me , and know the id on the Nox , it is the most coin I found on this beach equal to a depositor beach , went with open mind & thought I would find one , Craig tent spikes , find them a lot in Oc MD, , I guess it was a fisherman's tent spike , just surfers & Fisherman go to this beach, I hunt it in hopes of finding coins from the Faithful Stewart Wreck , still sore today :lol: , I like the old coins , as up your way there is old history , with no tent spikes , as far as parking goes , a bit disappointed, as it's a spot you have to work up a 4 wheel drive path / permit path to get to the beach , this beach is usually clean except for fishing lead, which I use for fishing , normally / non storm slim to no targets , Felix find sinkers just about everything I go out here , there is not much gold here period , 4 all that think that's not true , spend a fortune on lodging to find zero to a posable one in a week's time , your lucky , happy hunting .

Not bad, some beaches won't give much around here most of the time.
It's good to hunt anyhow. Beats working.:yes:

I've been there. There is a machine at the gate that takes a debit or credit card. Usually a park Ranger there to help you out.

At least you got out. I've been locked in a concrete city for months and months. If the hunting is beating you up that bad, try bringing a thermos with some coffee in it. When you get tired sit down in the dry and pour a coffee. No rush, relax and enjoy it.

Coin Beach Hunt #2

Today I hunted hard , only for the English 1/2 pennies , in the beginning I saw several hunters , one in the water , so my mission was look for that ID that I know on the Equinox 1/2 pennies- non Felix :lol: , I did find a few couple interesting items , and just trashed a few not in the pick , hazardous on a beach , foot penetrating items , one item is folded copper 233 grams of it , might be worth something , the other could be an encrusted coin , got to crack it open , at the end of the day I was not happy , dug up a lot of heavy iron , a lot of iron passed up , some large I never dug up , I should have went hunting WED . , who knows for all those people thinking its a gold beach :roll: , it's not , its a beach I go searching for ship wreck coins which today I found none , thought I would get lucky as some sand bars, hard pans , trough's were present up to knee deep I went with the Nox . even hunted the dune line , Pain / stiffness tonight not as bad as Monday night , happy hunting .

Attachments

• P1010410.jpg
    P1010410.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 396
  • P1010411.jpg
    P1010411.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 393
  • P1010412.jpg
    P1010412.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 387
Glad you got out buddy. That place to give a gold would be about a billion to one chance. The real Sad is now the dredge is at the inlet, and the tractors have started in OC Md. Shame for this will only make the place worse. Someday god is going to wipe that whole ocean front away...

Attachments

• SNAGIT.jpg
    SNAGIT.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 386
Luckily our fishing spots have gold. Fishermen throw gold off using nets, casting, wading, etc.

Joe

Its all good buddy , other hobbies here to do unlike- the West SIDE OF THE BRIDGE , would in fact put me into depression , besides even if I found gold here on a regular basis , it would just sit , collecting dust like my CTX , & Deus , no big deal , Ride To Live , Live to Ride buddy , its all good :biker::boat::fishin::tropical: PS don't see that in the plans buddy , most likely an old shot , here is the real news https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2021/09/16/dredging-project-underway-in-oc/ Now it did say a few areas needed replenishment , in spots :nono::pirate2::police: Ill check OC COOL Joe , looks like ya got that info . there thanks bro

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom