Finally found it!!! Maps baby!!!

Just seen this thread, I havent tried or even checked that sote out that was posted but ive been looking up some of the Sanborn maps. These were used for fire insurance of cities. I e found some that go back to the 1800s. Not sure how many towns/cities are there but it might be worth a look. Hope ot helps someone.

Yes Yes Yes after a year or so of seaching the web and local libraries I finally found the maps I have been looking for. The earliest maps I can find for this area are from 1939 but show tons and tons of homes that werent there in the 1970's map. Here is the link to the site all you do is search the town then when you click on the map it will ask you to open or save the PDF file. It will allow you to zoom in and also print sections of the map that you want.

http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/b2c/start/(xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd)/.do

Hope this is helpful to you guys.

Hi there planerie give a township and range there in LA and I'll see what kind off old map I can find for you. You be amazed whats out there

Thanks for the link. There's too much information to digest without a lot of looking but this link made my visit to the forum today really worthwhile. Hopefully, I can find the map of Dupont, WA. covering the 1890's I've been searching for:wow:.

I'd love an old topo map of Davidson County, TN. I have one from 1871, 1880, 1901, and 1929. The oldest aerial I could find is dated 1950.

Sanborn Maps

Google search for Sanborn Maps. These are fire insurance maps for a lot of towns and cities. Shows where all the buildings were back to 1900 and earlier. Might be one for a place near you.

As relevant today as when posted in 2012. Great Sticky to the power that be.

Back
Top Bottom